Federal Way, WA
Practice Your Passion and Find Fulfillment at the Intersection of Quality Care and Social Justice!
At HealthPoint you’ll find the best of both worlds! An organization dedicated to being at the forefront of best practices and quality care, paired with a culture that is passionate about improving the health of our community, one person at a time.
You'll love working at HealthPoint, and you belong here if you…
- genuinely care about people
- believe in fairness for all
- value professionalism
- like being part of a team
- enjoy something different every day
HealthPoint has been practicing full-spectrum outpatient family medicine in the suburban areas of Seattle, WA for over 47 years. Our progressive, mission-driven organization is dedicated to primary health care including: medical, dental, naturopathic medicine, OB/GYN care and behavioral health.
HealthPoint is a non-profit, consumer-governed, Community Health Center network serving the needs of the uninsured and medically underserved populations in 11 medical clinics, 7 dental clinics, 3 school-based health centers, a family medicine residency clinic and 3 health centers based in partner mental health offices.
We employ over 800 staff to deliver care to 88,000 patients annually. Our supportive programs include behavioral health, nutrition counseling, acupuncture, urgent care, peer support, and case management. We are community leaders in initiating and developing collaborative relationships, as evidenced by our partnerships with educational institutions and many community agencies.
This position is responsible for provision of comprehensive primary care services in a primary medical care, ambulatory clinic, and hospital setting, including prenatal, labor and delivery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and/or Experience:
- Provide comprehensive primary care services in a primary medical care ambulatory clinic, working independently and interdependently with other HealthPoint providers.
- Assess patient needs for specialty referrals, diagnostic and in-patient care and make appropriate referrals for service.
- Provide patients and family members with counseling and education regarding health maintenance, disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and need for follow up as appropriate during each patient visit. Verify and document that the patient understands diagnosis, treatment and follow up recommendations.
- Responsible for accurate, timely, and complete documentation in patient records and superbills.
- Participate in patient triage system.
- Participate in a shared call system with other providers.
- Perform minor outpatient procedures in accordance with HealthPoint credentialing policy.
- Provide inpatient care for HealthPoint patients, to include prenatal, antepartum, postpartum, neonatal, and medically-associated obstetrical care.
- Dispense medications from on-site dispensary in accordance with HealthPoint and State of Washington Pharmacy Board policies.
- Provide consultation to other clinic providers, either in person or by telephone.
- Consult with clinic physicians, specialists, or other health care professionals as appropriate.
- Assist with meeting clinic patient care team productivity and quality care standards.
- Participate in development and utilization of HealthPoint practice guidelines and procedures.
- Participate in audits and meet standards of HealthPoint Quality Improvement, Risk Management and Utilization Management programs.
- Maintain credentials essential for practice, to include licensure, certification, society memberships and CPE.
- Maintain hospital privileges by attending department and committee meetings.
- Attend staff meetings and in-service meetings and participate in agency committees or task force activities.
- Graduation from an accredited school of medicine or osteopathy, as an M.D. (Doctor of Medicine) or D.O. (Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine).
- Board certified or board eligible in family practice.
- Licensed as a physician in the state of Washington
Proof of immunity to varicella, measles, mumps and rubella is a condition of employment. Prospective employees must provide proof at time of offer.
The Rich Benefits and Perks:
- Medical Health Insurance and Wellness Program
- Vision & dental plan
- Flexible Spending Account – both daycare and healthcare
- Life Insurance
- AFLAC supplementary insurance
- Retirement plans with company match
- Generous paid time off
- Growth and development opportunities
- Recognition Program
- And much more!
It is the policy of HealthPoint to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, because of sensory, physical, or metal disability, genetic information, gender identity or any other factor protected by local, state or federal law, and to prohibit harassment or retaliation based on any of these factors.