Job Posting Date:
Oct 16, 2018, 1:38:42 PM
Rosemount™ Measurement & Analytical, a business unit of Emerson Automation Solutions, is currently seeking a Field Service Technician in Pittsburgh, PA.
Rosemount™ is a signature brand of Emerson, offering a comprehensive line of measurement instrumentation, analyzers and systems which are used in a wide range of applications found in critical processing facilities such as refineries, chemical plants, power plants, pipelines, and more.
Serve as local field service technician devoted to Rosemount Measurement products in Philadelphia, PA. This individual will build customer relationships through solutions-oriented communications. Troubleshooting and repairing of Rosemount Measurement instruments, products, and systems. Travel will be required.
- Calibration, testing and trouble-shooting of Rosemount Instruments.
- Assembly of new equipment or repaired equipment.
- Documentation of repair / testing / and field service activities – cause of failure, actions taken, parts used labor hours, etc.
- Various inventory control responsibilities - stocking shelves, pulling parts, cycle counting, proper documentation of inventory transactions.
- Customer communication – technical assistance, troubleshooting, quoting / determining disposition of repairs.
- Participation in field service calls, as required, at customer sites. Will require overnight stays from time to time.
- Adherence to all safety, quality, company rules and regulations.
- Responsible for personal safety and those around him/her.
- Maintain excellent housekeeping standards.
- Participation and involvement in company Safety and Quality programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Frequent travel is required.
Associates degree in Instrumentation or 1800 hours of technical schooling is required.
- Knowledge of analyzing, evaluating, diagnosing, and resolving equipment and process related problems are necessary.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer relation skills are a must.
- Personal computer experience necessary.
Normal office and shop environments as well as frequent customer site trips, involving driving company vehicles, climbing, and manual dexterity work. Repeated lifting of items up to 25lbs.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Experience the Rewards
Rosemount Inc., a business unit of Emerson, offers a competitive rewards package that provides for the health, well-being, and future financial security for yourself and your dependents. Through a strong profit sharing program, employees have historically received double digit company contributions that reflect the performance of the company, and their own individual efforts. Our medical and dental plans provide for the care of yourself and your family. Life insurance and long-term disability benefits give you the peace of mind you need and protect your dependents. A flexible work schedule, vacation and holidays allow you to balance your work life with your personal schedule. Additional benefits such as tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, employee assistance programs, and onsite wellness activities are available to support you and provide the environment you need to succeed.