AGENCY DESCRIPTION: Silence the Shame is a mental health education and awareness non-profit organization. Through the community conversations, compelling content and outreach programs, we aim to normalize the conversation, peel back the layers of shame, eliminate the stigma and provide support for mental wellbeing. We are committed to building programs to promote mental well-being through peer support and education. We strive to support youth development and leadership to reduce rates of suicide and mental crisis.
Silence the Shame is seeking a Communications Specialist to oversee the implementation of both internal and external communication strategies. Duties include managing external communication channels like social media platforms, company websites and media relations, writing copy for newsletters, and adhering to a Silence the Shame’s brand by publishing content and marketing materials.
- Execute a results-driven social media strategy.
- Develop and curate engaging content for social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Assist in the creation and editing of written, video, and photo content.
- Maintain unified brand voice across different social media channels.
- Collaborate with marketing team to create a social media calendar.
- Monitor social media channels for industry trends.
- Interact with users and respond to social media messages, inquiries, and comments.
- Review analytics and create reports on key metrics.
- Assist in the development and management of social media marketing and influencer marketing strategy.
Social Media Coordinator Qualifications / Skills:
- Passion for social media and proficiency with major social media platforms and social media management tools
- Proficiency with video and photo editing tools, and digital media formats
- Excellent social listening skills
- Ability to understand historical, current, and future trends in the digital content and social media space
- Strong copywriting and copy editing skills
- Top-notch oral and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable time management skills with the ability to multitask
- Detail-oriented approach with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field
- 1-3 years experience with B2C social media marketing or content development
- Direct experience using social media management tools (Sproutsocial, Later)
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Premier Pro) or equivalent digital media editing tools a plus but not required
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour
- Writing skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- social media management: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote