We are looking for candidates to join our team, as a full-time or relief staff.
Stepping Stones Children's Center, Inc. is a 24 hour non-medical residential/learning facility for children with developmental disability in the Tuolumne county area, we provide 24-hour care and supervision to four female ambulatory children with some behavioral challenges and self help needs. As a DSP you will be assisting children on their goals for the program and empower them to achieve the highest form of independence as possible, despite their disability. This is a rewarding work! As a DSP you will be providing assistance with:
- Life Skills Training
- Social skills Training
- Emotional/behavioral skills training
- Community Integration training
- Residential Care
- Have completed high school, or equivalent, plus at least 6 months of prior experience providing direct supervision and special services to persons with developmental disabilities.
- Ability to perform a variety of record keeping activities such as monitoring progress as determined by individual's IPP/ISP goals.
- Ability to clear a finger print clearance background check through (DOJ, FBI and CACI)
- Ability to pass health screening test.
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Have a clean DMV record and willing to drive company vehicle if need be.
- Ability to comprehend and report all aspects of consumer information accurately and clearly and in writing.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively; understand to follow oral and written instruction; respond effectively to emergencies; work harmoniously with consumers and other staff; work under direction.
- Must possess or have the ability to acquire CPR and First Aid Certification and DSP 1 and 2 certification upon employment.
- Ability to arrive on time for schedule shifts. Communicate effectively and timely if unable to make it to shifts due to unavoidable emergency situations.
- Ability to follow meal guidelines and house keeping activities.
- Must have ability to work at least every other weekend.
-Must have sensitivity, compassion, respect towards people with developmental disability.
-Perform other related duties as required by the Administrator and/or Facility Manager.
If interested, please provide your resume, cover letter and a work history.
Full-time and Relief positions available on all shifts (morning, evening, overnight) candidate should have some flexibility to work on weekends.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $11.50 /hour
Hours per week: