- Completed Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering, IT, Business Analytic or related field
- 7+ years of experience in a sourcing or supply chain management or equivalent role
- 2+ years of team leadership experience
- 2+ years of experience in Oracle, MS tool suite
- Negotiation and supplier relationship experience required
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
We are seeking a leader with procurement experience to strategically source products and services for North America Customer Fulfillment Procurement. The person in this role will coordinate with several teams across Amazon and will interact with our most important suppliers to satisfy organizational requirements. The position will work and partner with multiple teams to develop and execute category sourcing strategies, deliver savings and improve productivity across the category.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Establish category sourcing strategies, lead cross-functional strategic sourcing teams, negotiate with suppliers and execute contracts to optimize Amazon’s competitive position
- Drive appropriate relationships with category suppliers, with a principal objective of achieving the optimal solution and cost of ownership that meets the business’ goals supported by a culture of continuous improvement with performance benchmarks in use
- Manage category suppliers to proactively identify, monitor and optimize opportunities
- Act as a market intelligence provider regarding categories; anticipate strategic opportunities and keep key stakeholders informed
- Drive category suppliers in Supplier Relationship Management activities to mitigate risk, improve performance and add value to Amazon
- Identify, achieve and report on savings and value targets for category sourcing activities
- Align with internal customers and understand the business application of the category
- Negotiation and implementation of supplier agreements/contracts by working with cross-functional stakeholders and suppliers to reach agreement on contract terms and conditions.
- Helping to develop long-term department strategies and significantly influencing the cross-company project development and delivery processes and standards.
- Earn the trust of key stakeholders to drive alignment with the business
- Create a category strategy in conjunction with internal customers to ensure there is a comprehensive, unified approach for the category.
- Achieve yearly cost saving or value targets appropriate to the category aligned with annual budget processes.
- Define and report on key metrics that measure effectiveness of supply and cost savings
- Champion standards and process improvements
** Candidate must be able to travel, up to 20% **
- Master’s degree preferred in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Operations, Human Resources or related.
- Lean / Six-Sigma knowledge
- Product Management/Retail Vendor Management experience
- Prior experience managing and negotiating Software (On Premise, SAAS, etc.)
- 2+ years of practiced analytical skills including the ability to distill, synthesize, and draw conclusions on large amounts of data
- Demonstrated top performance in prior role(s), with increasing levels of responsibility.
- The ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization/time management and problem solving skills.
- Proven track record for cultivating strong relationships with key client and supplier stakeholders that have resulted in high customer satisfaction.
- Sound judgement and excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to extract insights from data and be able to communicate appropriately.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon offers competitive packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k), restricted stock units, growth potential and a challenging and exciting work environment.