Provide the highest level of service and maintain the highest degree of customer satisfaction while conducting the installation, maintenance/repair, operational assistance, and training on installed JBT equipment.
Remote - Modesto, CA
Madera Service Department
May be required to take a lead role with site activities, and interfacing with internal and external customers.
Multiple responsibilities to include sales, sales support, service, engineering, manufacturing, accounting, and with customers at all levels within their organization.
Assist with determining expense and capital requirements to maintain the equipment on an annual basis.
Be punctual based on shift times asked to work. Shift times will vary from day to night time (graveyard) shifts. Seasonal hours can vary between 8 to 12 hours per day, up to 7 days a week.
Maintain a high degree of professionalism (including personal care), courtesy, respect, and ethical behavior at all times.
Keep track of and maintain inventory of repair parts on site.
Develop and maintain detailed task lists, off-season and during the season.
Lead or assist in the coordination of large overhauls and field repairs, and normal PM’s.
Lead or assist in the planning and supervision of sub-contract labor.
Provide operational and maintenance training to customers
Assist with problem solving, troubleshooting, and rectifying of equipment issues.
Train new service personnel as required or directed.
Adhere to all plant and JBT safety rules, regulations and procedures
Through a high degree of self-motivation, good record keeping habits, diligent attention to detail, strong awareness of surroundings, and exemplary troubleshooting skills. Impact of errors and lack of attention to detail can significantly affect machinery and plant operations, and therefore customer relationships and our ability to maintain the lease account.
- Environment can be very noisy, wet, hot, and humid while working around operational equipment that must run 24/7 for 100+ days straight. Hazardous chemical to include caustic soda and other situations do and can exist in the work area.
- Technician can be required to be standing/walking most of the time. Lifting, stooping, bending, pushing, pulling and climbing are a common occurrence.
- Technician is required to work around heavy machinery and production traffic.
- Perform service on equipment manufactured, sold and/or leased by JBT.
- Final inspection, installation and commissioning of new and/or rebuilt JBT equipment.
- Answer inquiries concerning equipment and forward to the appropriate departments in JBT.
- Generate timely/accurate service call reports and report problem areas or needed improvement on all JBT equipment.
- Instruct and train customer operators and mechanics on safe operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Self-starter requiring a minimum amount of supervision and the ability to maintain a professional appearance and conduct both on and off the job.
- Valid drivers license must be maintained at all times
- Maintain good physical fitness: Required in confined spaces associated with entry and work on all JBT equipment. Occasional lifting of heavy objects up to 50 lbs. Squatting, prolonged standing, and working at heights up to 100’. Environments with temperatures of 20 –100+ degrees f.
- Adhere to JBT’s operating policies and Code of Ethics. This includes compliance of JBT’s confined space entry and rescue procedures.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Strong mechanical background with 3 plus years of field experience and direct customer interaction.
Knowledge of basic electrical skills. Capable of learning control loop tuning, instrumentation calibration and configuring of industrial machine controls, including AC/DC drives.
Ability to communicate well and interface successfully with customers -orally and in writing.
Ability to read and understand drawings, blueprints, electrical schematics/diagrams, P&ID’s, hydraulic schematics, etc.
3 plus years minimum experience in machine assembly, light fabrication, ASME welding and certifications desired, stationary machine tool operation. (i.e.: drill press bench grinder, hydraulic press.
Knowledge of process control systems. (i.e.:
utility control and measurement including steam water, air, electricity, etc.).
PC skills with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Projects, Outlook and other windows based programs as required. Ability to navigate through HMI screens and graphic interfaces as needed.
AA or technical/trade school degree or equivalent experience required. B.S. Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology desired.
Desire to obtain a professional working relationship with customers.
High degree of safety commitment. Ability to complete and file safety documents, direct newer JBT personal on safety elements.
Complete all required JBT working documents. This is to include but not limited to, timecards, call reports, corporate training exercises and expense reports.
Deeper level of controls training (i.e.:
PID loop controller and PLC training, control valves, VFD’s, etc)
Travel to various customer sites in the California area to train with lead technicians.
Safety training for job responsibilities.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action employer. If you require accommodation during the application process, please contact the local Human Resources department. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from completing the online application, please seek the assistance of your local employment services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to www.careeronestop.org
You may also call Megan Meagrow at 844-286-4524 if your disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a disability or impairment. The personnel attending this phone line will not be able to give you a status update regarding your application and will not be the individuals making a decision regarding your employment.