- Deliver and unload products utilizing equipment, including tractor trailer, ramps, lift gates, pallet jacks, load bars, and other devices with assist delivery.
- Check order for correct number of boxes and items at delivery.
- Responsible for reviewing paperwork for completeness and accuracy.
- Ensure excellent customer service and customer relations. Always communicate professionally with customer and vendors. Communicate any problems immediately to the Dispatcher or Transportation Manager.
- Ensure customer orders arrive in quality condition and correspond precisely to the initial order.
- Operate vehicle safely within RDW guidelines minimizing accidents, traffic violations and complaints from the public.
- Report any accidents/incidents immediately to the Transportation Manager.
- Perform pre and post trip inspection of assigned vehicle utilizing knowledge of safe and effective loading and handling procedures.
- Complete accurate trip logs.
- Comply with FMCSA regulations.
- Keep vehicles well maintained, safe, and secure. Report any defects or issues promptly. Vehicles will be kept clean inside and out.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Join our team today!
Russ Davis Wholesale welcomes diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment and individual opportunity to all job applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other status as protected by federal, state and local government.
EARN UP TO $80,000/year! $ 10,000 SIGN ON BONUS! ** ( Tiered Payout)
Russ Davis Wholesale, an employee-owned, 60+ year old company has immediate openings for a CDL Class A Driver in the Madison, WI area. This driver’s potential coverage location: 1. Milwaukee area. 2. Madison, Janesville, Fort Atkinson, Lake Mills area. 3. Possible runs to Chicago.
We are growing rapidly and seeking individuals that are reliable, self-motivated, and dedicated to quality and customer service!
Get Crazy with your career! Join our team today and grow with Russ Davis Wholesale!
Work schedule range:
- 100 % Employee-owned - Great Retirement (ESOP Plan)!
- Excellent Compensation - Standard base + mileage pay + weekend incentives + potential backhaul pay
- Great Benefit Packages – Medical/Dental, Vision Reimbursement, Short & Long-Term Disability, Flex Spending Plans, Employee Assistance Program
- Company Paid Basic Life & AD&D
- Weekly Payroll – Direct Deposit
- Company Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – starts on Day 1!
- Company Paid Uniforms
5 days. Possible work schedule Mon-Sat
Coverage location possibilities:
1. Milwaukee area. 2. Madison, Janesville, Fort Atkinson, Lake Mills area. 3. Possible runs to Chicago.
$170/day, plus .14/mile, $100 weekend incentive pay, potential back-haul pay and hiring bonus
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent work experience
- Valid Medical card as prescribed by the Federal Motor Carrier Association
- Valid Class A License
- Knowledge of DOT laws and mandates
- Must be registered with the Clearinghouse
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks)
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including weekends & holidays
- Be able to work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal & written communication skills
- Solid understanding of receiving and shipping functions
- Excellent Time Management skills
- Must have an acceptable driving record.
- Ability to lift 35 – 50lbs
- Ability to operate pallet jack (manual and electric)