Who are we looking for?
Resource who can provide end user support services at customer site; face-to-face and remotely. Supported services include hardware break-fix repair, OS remediation, Application support, support to mobile devices (phones, tablets), Installation, Move, Add, Change and Disposal (IMAC-D) and Lifecycle Refresh on end user hardware, OS migration, Executive Support, Hands and Eyes Support for remote Server and Network teams, and Hardware Depot Management. Manage ticket queue and insure high quality real-time notes/updates are captured
- Windows 7 (and Windows 10 desirable)
- PC hardware troubleshooting skills
- Enterprise tools (e.g. SCCM, Active directory, encryption, anti-virus)
- Knowledge of enterprise networking, printing
- Strong skills in common office productivity applications (MS Office, Adobe, etc.) both in answering user questions about usage and diagnosing issues
- Experience supporting Apple mobility products (IOS)
- Client skills focused on high quality communication, setting expectations and then exceeding same. 3-5 years of experience
- Experience using ticket tools including responding to priorities, timely and relevant updates, use of ticket status (e.g. pend states), prompt closure.
- Use of asset management tools and compliance with process
- Strong understanding of best practice related to security matters including malware, data protection, physical security at client site
- Client support
- Fundamentals of HW, Windows, Application support, networking, printing, mobile devices (e.g. Apple IOS)
- Stays current with technology trends
- Technical school degree, Associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Comptia A+ certificate or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years’ experience with supporting clients with their PC support needs (including HW, Applications, Operating systems, printing, network, etc.)
- Shift: M-F days.
- This intermediate Customer Engineer position is part of a large onsite team that provides a variety of support functions which are primarily client-facing.
- Significant walking may be required
- Some lifting of up to 20 pounds is required
- Staffing a client walk-up center may be involved
Job Type: Full-time