What You'll Do
You will be extremely proactive with a professional and approachable demeanor in all interactions; possess exceptional communication skills with all levels of staff, executives, customers, vendors; and sound judgment.
- Calendar Management: Manages VP's calendar by prioritizing schedules and meetings. For example, may decide who gets on principal's calendar, what meetings are attended, and who can attend instead.
- Event Speaking Engagement Coordination: Manages a running list of VP’s engagements and works closely with communications team to ensure content needs are understood and set in motion so VP is prepared for each engagement.
- Meeting Planning and organizations: Assists VP in planning and organizing meetings by taking responsibility for assembling the agenda, location, meeting technology based on participant needs, and all other meeting logistics. May further prepare meeting briefing documents by taking and disseminating notes and formulating post-meeting action item list.
- Travel Briefing Preparation: Create travel packs for international trips as well as large domestic events such as Cisco Live, etc. This work includes combining all event information in addition to coordinated logistics of travel and also customer/team asks.
- Correspondence/Approvals: Supports VP by acting as a proxy for communications and approvals as authorized. Answers general questions as necessary and refers (filters) routine matters to appropriate parties and follows up to ensure proper disposition. Takes initiative to resolve problems within specified policies and guidelines, and provides mentoring to administrative community members on problem-solving. Determines when executive action is required and supplies a recommendation where appropriate.
- Travel: Responsible for making travel arrangements for VP. Carefully considers and decides the optimum travel arrangements and itinerary for calendared meetings while managing Cisco expenses. Works diligently to go the extra mile, working with the airlines direct to accommodate Global Services benefits for upgrades whenever they are available.
- Special Projects: Provides analytical support to assist executive on special projects. Researches issues, analyze problems, compiles data, and prepares reports.
- Large Corporate Events: Prepare and brief itinerary as well as accompany VP for large Corporate Events such as GSX, where EA's are leveraged for executive support.
- Confidentiality: Candidate will deal professionally with sensitive and confidential matters and materials.
Who You'll Work With
The Enterprise Networking (EN) Engineering group develops software across routing, switching, wireless, IOT and network management platforms at Cisco. The EN Operations Team enables business growth by driving strategic- planning, initiative management, business operations, and SDLC process transformation initiatives.
Who You Are
You have experience providing support at the VP level. You take initiative, can handle a full desk with ease and thrive in a busy environment.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- 8+ years’ experience in the administrative environment. A minimum of 4 years of experience supporting a Principal who was at the VP level.
- Outstanding track record of performance.
- Experience in planning meetings and coordinating travel.
- Expert level knowledge of Windows desktop computer applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco