If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process.
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
This unique Senior Accounting Analyst role is responsible for providing financial support to the sales organization. This includes accurately calculating complex sales commissions using Excel, reviewing legal documents to understand the compensation plans and calculations, recording all transactions for the month in accordance with GAAP, providing results to sales leadership and completing account reconciliations timely. The successful candidate must thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment, is a quick learner and proactive in solving problems. He/She has a passion for working with numbers, auditing results, and improving and streamlining processes. Excellent communication skills and current experience with advanced excel functions are required. We are looking for an enthusiastic, high-energy individual, to be part of a team that must work creatively and collaboratively to achieve high quality results.
REMOTE work from HOME
- Participates in the monthly and quarterly closing process, including journal entries, account reconciliations, analysis and audit support
- Works with the IT group to implement and test new compensation plans and changes to existing plans
- Calculates certain incentive payments manually, tracks all manual payroll adjustments for lease commissions and ensures proper recording of expenses in the general ledger
- Reviews commission reversals monthly, processes payroll deductions and sends collection letters to employees for commission claw backs.
- Works with the sales teams to explain calculations and answer questions
- Documents current policies and procedures
- Implements improvements to current manual processes
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Must possess excellent analytical skills and be methodical in solving problems
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to:
- Create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple projects and shifting priorities
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Must be reliable and timely
- Knowledge of Excel with current experience using pivot tables, v-look ups, and other functions, to analyze a high volume of data (advanced level)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Five (5) years or more experience in Accounting or Finance
- Three (3) years or more experience in a large company
- Experience providing accounting support to a sales or marketing organization preferred
Applicants from California, Colorado, Connecticut, New York City & Washington:
Salary is determined based on internal equity; internal salary ranges; market
data/ranges; applicant’s skills; prior relevant experience; certain degrees or
certifications, etc. The salary for this position ranges from $64K to $80K.
Ryder offers comprehensive health and welfare benefits, to include medical,
prescription, dental, vision, life insurance and disability insurance options, as well as paid time off for vacation, illness, bereavement, family and parental leave, and a tax advantaged 401(k) retirement savings plan.
Job Category: Accounting
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.