Some of the important things you will do in this role:
- Leading network data and security architecture design, growth discussions and initiatives
- Ability to design solutions to optimize performance for data centers or a mobile workforce
- Participating in worldwide VoIP architecture design, growth discussions and initiatives
- Support of a global network and voice environments (including firewalls, vpn devices, switches, routers and WAN optimization appliances) from layer 1 through 7, using ticketing systems to track progress
- Providing after hours, on-call and escalation support of a 24x7 networking and voice environment, including system outages and incident response
- Managing vendor relationships to optimize support processes
- Working closely with colleagues globally on design and support issues
What's Required of Me?
- BS Degree in a relevant field
- 8+ years of experience in Information Technology
- 6-8 years of experience supporting a Cisco networking environment, CCNP preferred. Preference will be given to individuals who have worked in a design or architectural role.
- 2 – 4 years of experience deploying and maintaining IPSEC and SSL VPNs, GRE tunnels, etc.
- 2 – 4 years of experience configuring and maintaining Checkpoint, ASA, and/or other layer 7 firewalls
- 1 – 2 years of experience with Network Access Control technologies including 802.1x, Microsoft NAP, Cisco NAC, and/or Symantec SNAC
What Would Make Me Stand Out?
- Proven self-starter, able to work independently to support a dedicated customer base
- Ability to design and troubleshoot enterprise network architectures that include switching, routing, MPLS, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, LAN/WAN/WLAN, TCP/IP v4 and v6, and Cisco IOS QoS features
- Knowledge of VoIP signaling protocols and SIP initiatives and voice codec optimization/implementation
- Strong troubleshooting skills for a multi-vendor network environment
- Knowledge of MRTG and other monitoring tools
- Some travel required
About TRC Professional Solutions
For over 10 years, professionals and employers have trusted TRC Professional Solutions with their business and careers. Year after year, Inavero’s Best of Talent and Staffing awards have been presented to TRC Professional Solutions for providing superior service and results to both our clients and job seekers. We create a different experience for our candidates and clients by remaining solely focused on bringing the right talent to the right opportunity, throughout every stage of our unique recruitment process. For more information, visit: https://www.trcprofessionalsolutions.com/