General Motors iscreating a team of next-generation 3D modelling and Virtual Reality Contentdevelopers that will create the new dynamic for General Motors productivity,design, creativity and visualization. We are looking to bridge the gap betweenvideo games and film, providing a level of immersion, emotional engagement andrealism never before seen by our Engineers, designers and customers. Acting ina global role within Global Telecom, this role will entail hardware andsoftware development creating proof of concepts, fully fledged solutions andagile / dynamic projects that require a visually minded individual blendingart, traditional coding and 3D engines to deliver truly impactful resultswithin GM.
Thisrole will be located in the GM Warren, Michigan
- Developing software with hardware based solutions using sound, repeatable, industry best
practices and in accordance with GM’s Software development project methodology.
- Implement code /blueprints that is modular self-contained and defensive and observes the technical constraints on the system.
- Implement practical and timely solutions that meet the experience of design and technical requirements.
- Follow coding standards such as Agile and help to enforce good programming practices.
- Maintain technical documentations
- Optimize code and data for memory usage and performance as required.
- Keep abreast of new advances in virtual reality hardware, rendering technology and algorithms.
- Sharing knowledge and techniques working cross functionally.
- Mentoring programmers peer developers
- English language is a must
- Ability to work as a team is a must
- 2+ years of experience of game development or modelling
- Strong Unreal Engine blueprint skills.
- Strong Common language programming skills such as Java, C#/C++, python, Mono develop etc.
- Intermediate knowledge of Object orientated development
- Knowledgeable on the Unity and Unreal engine platforms
- Portfolio of work to showcase talent
- Strong knowledge of at least one 3D engine such as Unity.
- Intermediate knowledge of working with UDK, Unreal Engine 3, Unreal Engine 4
< span lang="EN-GB" style="mso-fareast-font-family:
- 3D modelling skills in any of the following Maya/Poser/3dmax
- Unreal/Maya/Max Animation Scripting Skills
- Expert knowledge of mathematics ability and a familiarity with common 3d graphics principles and rendering algorithms.
- Expert knowledge Good working knowledge of current GPU architecture and rendering APIs experience with DirectX 11 /12
- Experience with commonly used development tools such as Visual Studio
- Solid understanding of software development process with significant involvement in 1 published/portfolio viewable experience/game in a 3d environment
- Knowledge of common algorithms data structures and patterns and the ability to apply them to problems while keeping constraints and performance in mind.
symbol; mso-bidi-font-family: symbol">· Able to analyze unfamiliar code of a reasonable complexity to understand and extend the functionality of an existing module.
Additional Skills/Experience Advantageous:
- Proven ability to debug defects of a reasonable complexity.
- SDK development – HoloLens
- Shipped AAA PC or console titles as a 3D Programmer or Game Designer
- Work experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Worked in Automotive 3D design
- Understanding the difference between developing for VR compared to traditional game development
- A passion for developing and playing virtual reality, Augmented Reality experiences
- Project Management “SCRUM” / PMP/ Prince
- Website publish/design