Merakey is seeking a Full Time Drug and Alcohol Counselor to join our Adult Behavioral Health Drug and Alcohol Site Based Outpatient Program in Philadelphia, Pa.
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
Under the supervision of a Clinical Supervisor, the Drug and Alcohol (D&A) Counselor will provide individual therapy and group therapy to persons in recovery (PIR) receiving MMT, MAT, and non-MAT services. Maintain a caseload ensuring PIRs are getting the services needed to support sobriety and recovery.
* Strong clinical skills with ability to facilitate group therapy based on identified topics as well as open topics
* Strong clinical skills with ability to conduct effective individual therapy
* Ability to assess PIRs and recommend appropriate services based on clinical need as well as PIRs ability and willingness to participate based on what stage of change they are in.
* Ability to educate and encourage resistant PIRs to participate in therapy services.
* Ability to manage a caseload of PIRs and have knowledge of their treatment progress, engagement level, and treatment needs. This also includes strong clinical documentation skills and ability to maintain PIRs chart meeting program, local, state, and federal documentation requirements and standards.
* Motivation to outreach and re-engage PIRs who are lack engagement and who have gone AWOL.
* Above average demonstration of core clinical competencies: attending, active and reflective listening, use of open-ended questioning, focusing, building rapport, congruency, summarization, and managing silence.
* Above average demonstration of: empathy, rolling with resistance, supporting self-efficacy, managing confrontation, and developing discrepancy.
* Possess ability to establish rapport while maintaining professional boundaries.
* Effective and timely communication with Supervisors, Case Managers, and Certified Peer Specialists on PIRs needs and as resources or obtained and/or changed.
* Other duties as assigned.
Master's Degree or higher in clinical psychology, counseling psychology, psychology, addictions studies, social work or related field with specialty or concentration in counseling.
Licensed or licensed eligible preferred. One (1) year of counseling experience (a minimum of 1,820 hours) in a health or human service agency, preferably in a drug and alcohol setting. If a person's experience was not in a drug and alcohol setting, the individuals' written training plan shall specifically address a plan to achieve counseling competency in chemical dependency issues.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.00 - $23.19 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Schedule
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- counseling: 1 year (Preferred)
- Philadelphia, PA 19131 (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
This Job Is:
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education