Socati Montana LLC is the most advanced producer of THC-free full spectrum hemp extract. We combine expertise in seed genetics, proprietary extraction techniques and the most efficient purification systems available today to support the production of CBD infused products at global manufacturing scale. By integrating the entire supply chain, Socati is your partner in delivering to one of the most lucrative new product categories in history - non-psychoactive cannabinoid infusion.
We are now recruiting for a Quality Control/Quality Assurance Analyst to join our growing team at our Missoula, Montana location.
Our Quality Control/Quality Assurance Analyst will provide ongoing feedback to the development and deployment teams to ensure that adequate data is being collected during the transition process, as well as accurate data is being provided for effective process control during commercial production. They will have the primary responsibility for regulatory compliance, vendor compliance, and food safety for the facility. This position serves as the SQF Practitioner for the site.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as Site SQF Practitioner.
- Serve as HACCP Coordinator, lead HACCP team efforts.
- Responsible for the design, documentation, and implementation of the Quality Management System for the site.
- Conduct site verification/validation to FSMA standards.
- Responsible to champion and maintain site compliance with GFSI/SQF standards
- Ensure documentation is completed accurately and timely.
- Work to SQF/GFSI/ISO 17025 standards.
- Serve as subject matter expert for regulatory compliance, quality and food safety.
- Review and apply current research, legislation, and trends in food safety, general safety (e.g. FSMA) to be able to speak authoritatively on said subjects.
- Responsible for HACCP and Food Safety efforts of the organization.
- Maintain food safety awareness at all times.
- Support implementation and documentation of food safety, GMP and SQF initiatives at Socati Montana.
- Ensure paperwork and reports associated with projects or products are accurately completed.
- Ensure that team members have all necessary materials, tools and information necessary for SQF compliance.
- Conduct audits, review and analyze data and documentation.
- Create and maintain file of product COA’s.
- Audit and maintain record keeping of CCP compliance.
- Complete general lab duties as needed such as maintaining a clean work area and disposing of hazardous materials.
- Prepare reagents and solutions needed in the lab or production spaces.
- Follow detailed, technical procedures and maintain appropriate paperwork associated with tasks.
- Handle samples and perform analyses according to SOPs and test methods.
- Maintain records of all quality activities as documented in SOPs and test methods.
- Write SOPs and test methods.
- Sign reports when designated with signing authority.
- Maintain and calibrate equipment.
- Report deficiencies or malfunction to the supervisor.
- Identify and record nonconformities.
- Correct nonconformities and potential nonconformities.
- Improve laboratory and/or quality activities on a continuous basis.
- Effectively communicate with relevant persons to complete projects using clear, concise language either verbally or written.
- Maintain thorough inventories of samples and retains.
- Prepare cost reports on scientific instrumentation or materials needed for any given project.
- Adhere to deadlines for client and project reports, and product sales.
- Remain cognizant of all potential hazards when processing product, conducting experiments, or building new equipment and be prepared to react quickly and safely.
- Prepare products to customer specifications in a timely manner.
- Effectively communicate with relevant persons to complete projects.
- Maintain appropriate paperwork associated with tasks.
- Maintain a clean and organized work-space.
- Work as part of a team or independently on all job duties.
- Complete tasks with a pleasant attitude.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Food Science, or related field or a combination of relevant education and experience.
- Excellent lab and organizational skills; two years lab experience preferred
- Experience with GC, GC/MS, HPLC and other chromatographic techniques
- Experience with UV spectrometry and Karl Fischer Titrator systems
- Experience with analytical chemistry
- Excellent lab and organization skills; one-year lab experience preferred.
- Through knowledge of food regulations and food safety.
- Through knowledge of Safe Quality Food Standards.
- Understanding food safety testing techniques.
- Demonstrable experience in a Quality/Technical role
- Demonstrated experience dealing directly with customers, vendors and regulatory authorities
- Ability to coach teams to success
- Strong leadership skills
- A willingness to get your hands dirty
- Solid understanding of sterile technique
- Ability to work with multiple projects
- Strong organization skills
- Willingness to work off-hours and tasks unrelated to primary responsibilities when necessary
Socati Montana LLC offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, personal time off and holiday pay.
At Socati Montana LLC we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Socati and its affiliates believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year