Work remotely doing the fun kind of bookkeeping. We don't offer clients the annoying services.
What you WON’T be doing:
-No taxes, seriously, none.
-No accounts receivable
-No accounts payable
Work from home, get more family time:
Let me start by saying this is a 100% remote (work from home) position. It's been remote since I started the company seven years ago because I wanted to be home with my family and get out of the horrible tax season hours!
Therefore, our team is all remote because we have women/mothers who put health and family first and working remotely allows us to do just that, forever. We don’t often hire because we don’t have turnover. Our team loves the work and their jobs, so they never leave, and this is your chance to get in. The good news is that we are growing quickly so our team is expanding and we are adding new positions to move into down the road. You will be able to grow in your position and earn more, all working at home! Yay!
We have flexible hours, but most of our work is done between 9-3 each day. We have 3 weeks of PTO, and ten holidays during the year including Christmas Eve, New Year’s Eve, Thanksgiving Eve, and Black Friday. We also enjoy paid Fridays Off in the summer.
Overview of what we need:
Bookkeeping for Dentists is a metric-focused bookkeeping service for dental practices. We believe in a minimalist approach to bookkeeping and financial reports to help dentists understand what matters most in the financials without all the distractions.
We are looking for a bookkeeper/staff accountant who is experienced in public accounting because you will be doing the type of bookkeeping that's done in CPA firms for clients (not the private type bookkeeping). Tax experience would be awesome. You don't need to understand the dental metrics or dentistry, just public accounting type bookkeeping in QuickBooks Online. I'll teach you the rest.
Summary of what you’ll do day-to-day:
You will be updating/categorizing bookkeeping transactions daily in QuickBooks Online software for our dental practice clients. At month-end, you will reconcile accounts to bank balances and ask the client any questions that came up during the month. All communication with clients is done through email. No phone calls. Phone calls cause too much disruption to the daily flow and increases chances of mistakes with things falling through the cracks.
The day-to-day includes any of the following:
- Pleasantly interfacing with clients through email mostly
- Categorizing and organizing all transactions in QuickBooks Online
- Reconciling all balance sheet accounts
- Reconciling payroll transactions using payroll reports
- Creating amortization schedules using bank loan terms (we have software for it)
- Clearing up transaction questions with client through email
- Being human and inspiring with clients every day by developing relationships
You will get training:
Our firm is a learning environment, as our team (other staff accountants) will tell you. My goal with this role is to give you the tools, training, and technical knowledge necessary to feel completely comfortable in this role, so you are happy to come to work each day (in your PJ’s). Questions are asked every day between team members in Slack chat, and we add those questions to our company wiki each day to provide a place for everyone to go for learning, so we are always all on the same page.
What winning is for you:
You will be able to work independently through client work. You will create a warm and lasting impression on the clients you work with daily. You will have minimal mistakes, and keep good notes/records of the clients' needs with any bookkeeping quirks to remember throughout the year.
***Important*** Minimum of 3 years of CPA firm experience ***Important***
- 4-year Accounting degree from accredited University/College
- Significant experience with QuickBooks Online Software
- Experience in and willingness to be in client-facing role/environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills: you thrive when working with clients
- Ability to work in expanding and changing environment (we strive to find a better way every day)
- Passionate about developing efficient processes and driving results
- Track record of going the extra mile or overachieving when given a job or opportunity
- Excitement and commitment to growing your accounting career at Bookkeeping for Dentists LLC
Remote Environment Requirements (working from home):
- You must have a quiet, private space with fast internet, and a computer.
- You must work mostly between the hours of 9-3, the rest of the 40 hours can be flexible or worked at night or on weekends.
- You must be able to work independently and have the discipline to uphold deadlines
What to send us:
Please send us a resume with a cover letter. The cover letter should not be a generic cover letter you send everyone. Make it specific to the job, and explain why you’d be the right candidate. Be yourself. We also suggest creating a LinkedIn profile if you don’t have one.
The position is remote, full-time, with health insurance, vision, dental, PTO, and 401k.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $45,000.00 per year
- CPA Firm: 3 years (Required)