Presbyterian Homes & Services is seeking an On Call
Registered Dietitian (RD) for its team. The Registered Dietitian is responsible for providing quality clinical nutritional care and programs for residents of the Presbyterian Homes and Services Communities consistent with regulations and established policies, procedures, and best practices.
REPORTING STRUCTURE: The Registered Dietitian reports directly to the Corporate Dietitian.
The Dietitian will assist in the supervision of the Dietetic Technicians as assigned at the site. The Dietitian works closely with other health professionals inside and outside PHS to coordinate nutritional care for residents.
This position may require travel to any PHS community in Minnesota and Wisconsin, dependent on the need for coverage. Flexible hours and schedules are a plus, with no requirement for weekend availability.
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
• Implement the established nutritional care programs: Assessment, planning, implementation, documentation, evaluation, and education based upon regulations and established nutritional best practices including but not limited to anthropometric, laboratory information, appetite, diet orders, nutrition history, medications, and nutrition related complications and risks.
• Implement and maintain procedures and documentation for residents determined at nutritional risk according to facility protocol.
• Monitor the nutritional components of the medical record for completeness and accuracy.
• Attend resident care conferences and contribute nutritional care information and care plans. Collaborate with interdisciplinary team regarding nutritional concerns.
• Conduct patient education with patient and family as needed.
• Plan/Approve menus and oversee implementation.
• Implement specialized/modified diets as ordered by a physician; maintain a system to ensure accuracy of diet orders and specialized/modified diet implementation.
• Oversee in meal preparation and service as designated on site.
• Assist the nutrition and culinary department in coordinating recipe development and standardization/development of menus.
• Monitor food service operations to ensure conformance to nutritional, safety, sanitation, and quality standards.
• Review menus as designated by facility for nutritional adequacy, palatability, presentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Dietetics, Nutrition.
- License or Certification as mandated by the state in which employed
- Registered Dietitian with Commission on Dietetic Registration of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics or Registry Eligible. If Registry Eligible, must pass exam successfully within six months of hire and after passing, must obtain licensure or certification as mandated by the state in which employed.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations for long term care facilities and food service industry.
- Experience working in Long Term Care and/or Transitional Care preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to relate with staff, residents, family members, visitors, regulatory agencies and the general public.
- Demonstrated compatibility with PHS's mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.
Presbyterian Homes & Services (PHS), based in St. Paul, Minnesota, is a non-profit, faith-based organization providing a broad array of high quality housing choices, care and service options for older adults. 6,400 employees serve 25,000 older adults through 45 PHS-affiliated senior living communities in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa, and through Optage® home and community services. Established in 1955, PHS has earned the reputation as an innovative leader concerned with promoting independence, vitality and well-being for those they serve.
We believe employees are the most important resource in our ministry and we are committed to an environment where employees are valued and empowered to make a difference. With a strong commitment to grow our employees from within, the development opportunities with us are virtually unlimited. We offer competitive wages, opportunities for advancement, ongoing training, and incredible benefits like education assistance and nursing loan forgiveness.
If you have a desire to honor God by enriching the lives and touching the hearts of older adults, consider answering the call and join our team.
PHS is an EEO/AA employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.