Daily job responsibilities/functions to include, but not limited to:
- Responsible for effectively managing the planning and acquisition of assigned commodities to support production requirements; includes the analysis of MRP, purchase order placement and reschedules as required.
- Ensures timely delivery of materials from vendors, generates and tracks purchase orders and works alongside the receiving department and the accounts payable department.
- Develop an efficient and accurate system for monitoring all open purchase orders
- Work with the inventory team to ensure that all deliveries satisfy the assigned purchase orders and report any back-ordered or missing products
- Assist the Supply Chain Manager with maintaining proper safety stock levels of materials used monthly.
- Champion new ideas and processes to improve efficiency, reduce costs in on-hand inventory, cycle time, material handling, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Comprehensive understanding of MS Excel, MS Word and knowledge prefer on OHMS software platform
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams and with all management levels in a dynamic environment.
- Negotiating Skills: You will be working with suppliers to create the best deals.
- Math Skills: Basic math skills will be needed to analyze prices and get the best deals possible.
- Analytical Skills: You will be working with multiple vendors to determine the best deals for the company and will have to evaluate the many pros and cons of each, based on price, quality, speed of delivery and other factors.
- Decision-Making Skills: You will need to use the information you have gathered to make decisions on behalf of the company.
- Able to thrive in a high-stress and fast-paced environment
- Understanding of supply chain procedures
- Provide purchasing and QC support for all company and vendor personnel.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Proven work experience as a buyer or similar role.
- Associate degree preferred
- Probation reviews
- Additional evaluations may be required based on performance
- Must be able to communicate in English
Job Type: Full-time
Required work authorization: