Provides essential leadership and support for the data management activities of the Quality Support Services department. Collaborates with ambulatory quality team and Information Technology. Responsible for developing and implementing an organization-wide system for data collection, compilation of quality information, and development of reporting formats. Provides data analysis support to quality management activities including clinical department meetings and quality oversight committees. Provides support to performance improvement teams as requested. Functions as a resource to departments and process improvement teams in the areas of quality data management and statistical graphing, and performance improvement methods and tools. Assists in risk management and regulatory activities through data analysis/trending.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Manages the "public reporting" (Quality Measures) program. Supports the coordination of data information submitted to external database projects. Manages the program for required public reporting (Quality Measures) including data entry and reporting deadlines with both the vendor and those imposed by CMS, TJC, NYS and others.
- Liaison with the HIS and IS staff related to the management of population identification, file upload, request of necessary records and submission requirements.
- Liaison with the ambulatory measures team to develop overall organization wide standardized methodology for data analytics.
- Lead Contact person for vendor(s) and reporting entity related to program requirements. Functions as "administrators" for data warehouses as assigned.
- Responsible for the oversight and internal controls for data integrity issues related to submission requirements. Assures all data quality edits and critical edits are complete within required timeframes. Databases include but are not limited to internal file uploads, Submission Vendor, CMS Data warehouse, NYS and third-party payers. Supports any necessary initiatives to resolve data integrity issues identified and monitors their progress. Responsible for meeting all reporting deadlines, and coordinates with Director in early detection of systems issues which may jeopardize meeting those requirements.
- Coordinates measure specification changes and required education
Supports the production of organizational reports on quality data trends to departmental and hospital wide committees as requested.
Bachelor's Degree in healthcare, business or related field required
Experience in healthcare or quality department setting required.
Must have experience in Microsoft products including; power point, excel, word and access.
Must have experience creating, building and maintaining a Microsoft Access Database.
Must have experience in developing web-based reporting applications using SQL along with other business analytic applications and systems.
Knowledge of public reporting/value-based purchasing requirements preferred.
Experience in electronic clinical quality measure reporting.
Knowledge and experience in workflow analysis and Performance Improvement Methodologies to enhance/support quality program initiatives.
Knowledge of health department and other external review and regulatory agencies (i.e., The Joint Commission) preferred.
Experience in data support, coordination and education, with advanced knowledge of statistics and statistical process control methods.
Knowledge and experience with data management and display and communication.
Experience working with and leading data analytics and performance improvement teams.
Experience presenting data and performance improvement initiatives to leadership.Knowledge and experience in financial analysis and reporting preferred.