Young Adult (YAD) Division Coordinator
- We are Shalom Austin, the hub of Jewish life in Central Texas.
- We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization comprised of the Jewish Community Center (JCC), Jewish Federation, Jewish Family Service (JFS), and the Jewish Foundation.
- The majority of our programming operates on 40+ beautiful acres on the Dell Jewish Community Campus in the live music capital of the world – “weird” Austin, Texas.
- We are a passionate group of more than 200 staff working on our mission of enhancing the quality of Jewish life in the greater Austin area and around the world through philanthropy, education, social service, culture, spirituality and total wellness.
- You don’t have to be Jewish to work with us; we promise to love you just as much as we love our Jewish staff.
- You care about UNITY. You recognize the importance of one team that leverages resources, talents and expertise to achieve a common purpose.
- You care about EXCELLENCE. You are committed to continual improvement and you consistently set new standards for success.
- You care about RESPECT. You nurture your workplace through honesty, sincerity and responsibility.
- You care about CREATIVITY. You approach both opportunities and obstacles with a spirit of flexibility, thinking critically to achieve innovative solutions.
About the Job
- You care about INITIATIVE. You are a self-starter, driven to exceed expectations and claim a sense of ownership as you pursue your goals.
- You care about KNOWLEDGE. You engage in continuous learning and actively seek opportunities that provide professional enrichment and personal fulfillment.
We need you to fill the role of YAD Coordinator
. This is a Full Time, Exempt position. You’ll wow us by masterfully performing the following key duties and responsibilities:
- Outreach to new members of YAD via email, by phone and/or in person. Advise them about Austin and ways to connect with the larger Jewish community.
- Stay informed about Jewish engagement for young adults in Austin and Central Texas.
- Manage members in Raisers Edge
- Track events, attendance, etc. for annual reporting
- Oversee YAD Committee. Meet with YAD Committee monthly to plan events, strategize about engagement and overall development of YAD and Shalom Austin.
- Host a YAD Committee Retreat each fall to orient new members and plan for new fiscal year in January.
- Plan and execute 2-4 events a month. Integrate a Jewish component at events when possible. Staff 80% of events. Staff should also be regularly checking in with committee members or taking the lead when necessary to make sure these are communicated to possible participants about 4 weeks in advance of the event.
- Work with accounting and marketing to manage event registrations and website.
- Handle all communications with the YAD Group. Post event information on social media and on YAD Calendar. Promote other Jewish communal events as necessary. This includes monthly e-newsletter and managing all social media channels.
- Organize and manage young adult fundraising efforts, and events as needed, for the Shalom Austin Annual Campaign.
- Plan and promote 360 Club and other young adult giving society event(s) for donors.
- Keep list of interested and eligible participants for Birthright. Promote registration opportunities when applicable. Lead Birthright Israel trip each summer. Work with Birthright Board representative and conference calls. Lead Community Orientation.
- Connect YAD Austin with Jewish Federation of North America’s National Young Leadership and other national opportunities. . Recruit potential NYL Cabinet members.
- Help recruit interested individuals showing leadership potential for future JLead type programs.
- Manage programs like Intergenerational Shabbat Dinners to help YAD members network with community at large and current leaders.
Compensation and Benefits
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Business, or related field
- Strong leadership ability
- Experience in social media networking
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Experience in event planning
- Ability to react or respond to stressful situations with diplomacy, tact and nuanced approaches
- Passionate commitment to the Jewish community and people
- Some knowledge of the Greater Austin Community
- In-depth knowledge of Jewish values, history, culture and ideals
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (which may, depending on the position you are hired for, include an FBI fingerprint check).
- Adhere to our Mission, Core Values, and all HR policies and procedures.
- We’ll pay you an Annual salary of $35,000-$38,000.
- We offer outstanding medical insurance coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield, and we’ll pay 80% of the premium cost on your behalf.
- We provide life and long-term disability insurance, and we pay 100% of the cost for you.
- We will give you lots of paid time off. First-year employees receive: 10 vacation days, 12 sick days, and more than 15 Jewish and Federal holidays.
- We’ll offer you a 50% discount for your kiddos in our amazing early childhood program, as enrollment allows.
- We understand that you need a work/life balance and that you have commitments outside of the workplace, so we’ll do our very best to offer you some flexibility in your work schedule.
- We’ll provide you with the opportunity to make a difference in the Central Texas Jewish community every day.