Are you a budding web developer with a passion for using technology to bring about social change? If so, we want you on our team!
Benetech is a groundbreaking nonprofit that empowers communities through the creation of software tools and resources that address deep-rooted social problems. We are looking for a web developer intern (current student is fine), to join Benetech's DIAGRAM center, our education R&D program.
DIAGRAM focuses on creating and disseminating tools and resources to support the learning of students with disabilities. As part of our team you will be working with our Project and Community managers to give the DIAGRAM website a much needed face lift by implementing and updating changes to the DIAGRAM center design. This is an opportunity to gain experience in the technology sector, get your work published and help make a difference.
Note - this is a 3 months temporary position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate and provide guidance in DIAGRAM homepage re-design discussions.
- Implement those designs and updates.
- Work with the project and the community managers to map out the community section build, then implement the vision.
- Update the webinar page with captioned videos.
- Create a process so that users and interested parties can receive the DIAGRAM newsletter.
- 3+ years of experience in Web Development, Web Design or related experience.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of WordPress
- Proficiency in CSS
- Knowledge of website accessibility standards
- A strong creative spark
- A desire to empower others