- Microsoft Office
We are seeking a dynamic professional to join a team of word processing and proofreading staff located in our Phoenix, Arizona service center. As a Proofreader, you will provide real-time assistance to clients in support of their time sensitive project requests on your designated shift. You will work together with a team of individuals across multiple locations and shifts in an effort to provide the highest level of customer service and quality. This is a challenging and rewarding position within our organization supporting a prestigious international law firm.
- Proofread complex legal documents for proper firm style, consistency, spelling, diction, syntax, punctuation and grammar using proper citation protocols (The Chicago Manual of Style, The Bluebook and California Style Manual)
- Review converted documents against originals to ensure an accurate conversion
- Complete full read/word-for-word proofreading of client submitted materials
- Perform cross reference check, define term checks and review Table of Authorities as requested
- Check corrected proof against prior copy to ensure all corrections were made accurately
- Conduct separate checks for format, text accuracy and statistical data
- Ensure that content of document is accurate, clear and complete and that the material is organized logically
- Advanced knowledge of standard proofreading marks
- Follow established policies and procedures at all times
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in English or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Working Knowledge of legal terminology.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including expert level knowledge of the English language, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Intermediate knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and other core applications.
- Proven ability to work through complex legal document markups and instructions in a timely manner to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize various requests and deadlines simultaneously.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to interact with client and team members in a professional and respectful manner at all times.
Job Type: Full-time
- Proofreading: 1 year (Required)