Sign In or Create Account
Use Facebook or Google to sign in or register with SimplyHired.
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
The City of Plano Public Safety Communications department is a state-of-the-art facility with a focus on technology, safety, and professionalism. We are accredited through the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies and we are looking for new members of our team. We offer a competitive salary, a training program second-to-none, and the opportunity to help someone each and every day that you come to work! Feel free to check out our website at http://plano.gov/209/9-1-1-Public-Safety-Communications.
This job posting will be open through July 11,2018, but may close without notice if all positions are filled. Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be contacted within 2 business days of submitting the online application through plano.gov!
Please note that if you have already applied and have not yet heard from us, you are still in the application process!
Base starting salary is $19.23 per hour. All applications must be completed online at https://careers.plano.gov. This is an entry-level position.
· Answer 9-1-1, non-emergency, and administrative phone lines and provide an appropriate response as required by the nature of the call.
· Prioritize situations and dispatch appropriate resources using trunked radio system and/or telephone.
· Maintain status of on-duty sworn and non-sworn personnel from police and fire departments.
· Coordinates with other agencies, citizens, and/or businesses to provide assistance, gather information, or give instructions necessary depending on the situation.
· Provide medical instructions to callers over the telephone.
Knowledge and Skills
· Knowledge of Windows based computer systems is required.
· Knowledge of multi-function telephones and/or PBX boards is preferred. Must be able to learn these systems.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills in English required.
· Must be able to use maps and other resource materials.
· Must be able to make critical and expedient decisions within established guidelines.
· Must be able to complete required training, obtain required certifications, and maintain compliance in key performance areas.
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· Must have, at least, one year of experience in a customer service environment, call-center environment, or emergency response operations.
· Must be able to work any department shift on any day of the week, including weekends, holidays, evenings, nights, and overtime as needed.
· Must be a US citizen
· Must meet standards required by CJIS and TCOLE for Telecommunicator licensing.
· Starting salary is $19.23/hr with opportunities for advancement.
· 120 hours per year of vacation time
· 120 hours per year of sick leave
· 72 hours per year of holiday time
· Tuition reimbursement
· City match of 2 to 1 into TMRS retirement system.
· Longevity pay
· Step Plan
· Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance.
· More information about other benefits can be found here (http://www.plano.gov/1077/Benefits)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,011.73 to $60,521.33 /year