NOTE: This is an advanced position. Applicants should have at minimum a B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, etc. and at least two years professional C++ development experience.
IPConfigure is a software development company and a leading developer of IP video surveillance solutions. We're looking to hire a strong C++ programmer responsible for creating video streaming, web service, and data management back-end components in our browser-based surveillance video management systems. The C++ developer must have a strong familiarity with object-oriented programming, C++11 (and/or C++14, C++17), unit testing, test-driven development, and Linux development tools and development environments. This is an awesome opportunity to work with leading edge technologies in the IP video surveillance market.
- Participate in a well-defined Agile software development process with other senior developers.
- Develop high quality, well-designed application code for features and system components.
- Participate in feature design, ensuring a balance between business and technology requirements.
- Deliver code as scheduled that adheres to the design.
- Find root causes of defects in features.
- Adhere to coding practices designed to promote code reuse and standardization.
- Provide time and resource estimates for own feature areas.
- Identify risks and mitigation strategies.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, or related discipline. Master's or Ph.D. is a plus.
- Expertise in C++11 or newer.
- Familiarity with: Linux or Windows systems programming, Boost.
- Object Oriented design background.
- Web service programming (SOA, SOAP, REST).
- An active concern for quality engineering, with experience building scalable web applications.
- Any of the following would be a plus:
- Familiarity with streaming media frameworks such as GStreamer.
- Network programming (TCP, UDP, Unicast, Multicast).
- Code samples and portfolio of designs.
- Contributions to open source projects (for example a github page)
Founded in 2003 and headquartered in Norfolk, Virginia, IPConfigure, Inc. is a privately owned software company. A leading developer of enterprise IP video surveillance solutions, IPConfigure offers a variety of products - all of which leverage a browser-based interface and are capable of seamlessly supporting unlimited cameras, locations and users in a centralized or distributed architecture.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19