BuzzFeed is looking for someone with a passion for social media content and digital publishing to assist our social media team with publishing our three daily Snapchat Discover editions. The ideal candidate will have a background in digital media and/or social media, highly organized, and have interest in learning about Snapchat.
The ideal candidate should also be able to understand and summarize how and why certain pieces of content blow up — where did they take off, what makes them special?
This currently involves a 40-hour work week with a short-term contract. The position is based in our LA office. Not to mention – a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks ranging from snacks and drinks to social events.
BuzzFeed’s social media team is stacked with strategists that are leaders in the social media industry responsible for the growth and sustained success of some of the biggest and most-beloved digital brands in the world. This role would report to the Deputy Social Media Director and would collaborate and work closely with our team of Snapchat strategists in BuzzFeed’s Los Angeles office. We are looking to hire ASAP.
- Updating the CMS (Snapchat scheduling) on a daily basis
- Learning to curate and put together daily BuzzFeed, Tasty and Nifty Snapchat Discover editions, including helping with content selection, content creation and ordering the editions.
- Occasionally assist with designing some top snaps or short videos
- Assist with day-to-day tasks as defined by strategists working on Snapchat
- Strong desire to learn about social media and publishing strategy
- Meticulous and advanced attention to detail
- Creative and disciplined
- Some knowledge of Adobe CC is helpful
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion and is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary and equity
- A generous and well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO and unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA and NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media and tech company, delivering news and entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, you’ll work alongside inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, and content that helps connect people all over the world.