This is a seasonal leadership role on our 2nd shift. Hours are 3:30 pm to 12:00 am with overtime including weekends expected for the duration of our peak season. Assignment will end at the end of September with the possibility of being extended.
A stay bonus of $1,000 will be offered for all seasonal associates that complete the full peak season.
Apply online: https://excelligence.applicantstack.com/x/apply/a2gydz7nx04z
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for supervising second shift staff of approximately 50 associates on all outbound functions in processing and shipping orders. Provide complete customer satisfaction with quality, efficiency and accuracy in shipping our items to teachers, childcare providers and parents across the country.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following as well as other duties and responsibilities that may be assigned.
- Manage the workflow and quality control of all order processing for team of 50+
- Actively participate in preventing and correcting errors while maintaining productivity on the floor
- Innovative thinking: seeks operational improvements; resolves operational problems; adapts to procedural changes
- Provide technical support to team
- Cultivate a positive and productive attitude among staff on the floor
- Communicate and follow-up on daily information
- Support facility and department guidelines, processes, and SOP’s
- Provide day-to-day communication and support to manager and team
- Give instruction/direction for delivery drivers when needed
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor
- Some record keeping, reporting skills required
- Makes personnel recommendations to HR & Managers
- Monitors environment for safety, cleanliness and conformance to Company standards
- Performs administrative duties such as attendance records, overtime, employee breaks, etc.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent leadership skills
- Able to motivate staff to maintain productivity
- Provide coaching when needed
- Ability to understand and implement best practices
- Maintain a positive attitude to cultivate thriving work environment
- Able to determine the best approach for positive resolution of issues * Must be organized, self-motivated and dependable.
- Excellent communication skills for accurate and concise instruction while training staff
- Must have good computer skills and knowledge of various database entry systems
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily tasks along with immediate issues that arise
- Able to determine appropriate delegation of tasks as needed
- Strong attention to detail in fast pace environment
- Must be reliable and maintain regular attendance with all time off scheduled in advance
- Able to quickly maneuver warehouse floor throughout the day
- Self-starter; utilizes all known resources to problem solve
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school Diploma, college or technical training is a plus.
- Previous experience as shift manager or supervisor position.
- Two years’ experience in manufacturing or warehouse environment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Majority of work is conducted while standing or walking.
- Occasionally lifts packages up to 50 pounds.
- This position requires some daily tasks to be completed while sitting at a computer.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee sometimes works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to the risk of electric shock.
- Noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Temperatures range from a low of 50 degrees in the winter to 90 or above in the summer.
- Dust and dirt can be airborne and at times may impact air quality.
Job Type: Temporary
- warehouse leadership: 2 years (Preferred)