The Application Data Analyst is responsible for helping the firm identify, organize, and visualize data from existing technology systems. Additionally, this role will have shared responsibility for managing the flow of data through the organization.
This individual will need to be able to investigate and trace information throughout the firm, identifying where data should be stored and moved in a secure and efficient way. This individual will also administer technology systems that help enable these critical data management functions. The Application Data Analyst will be well organized and an independent worker with the ability to collaborate well both inside their team and with the rest of the firm. This role must be capable of working in a fast paced environment with time sensitive materials, and maintain strict confidentiality due to the nature of the position.
Essential Job Duties:
- Develop strong partnerships across the firm to gain a solid understanding of the flow of data through the firm.
- Identify, organize, and visualize data to support firm needs – both for attorneys and support staff.
- Administer key applications and databases including those that act as repository for mastered data and those that actively feed other applications with master data.
- Develop and implement data analyses, data collection systems, and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality across the firm.
- Interpret data, analyzing results using statistical techniques.
- Develop good working knowledge of core systems’ functions and flow.
- Identify, analyze, and document the flow of data through the firm; seeking improvements to reduce or eliminate the duplication of data in the organization and eliminate complexity in the data architecture of the firm.
- Serve as an agent for positive change to existing and new processes by identifying opportunities for improvement and recommending industry best practices.
- Assimilate and apply new concepts, business models, and technologies.
- Prioritize and manage time sensitive tasks and projects.
- BS degree in accounting, business, or technology or at least 5 years of direct related work experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a technology or data analysis role working with complex technologies and administering data flow within an organization.
- Demonstrated experience with administering technology platforms either as a business owner or an IT administrator is essential to this role.
- Experience working with common reporting and data visualization tools such as Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft SSRS, Tableau, Domo, Qlik
- Experience with creating and maintaining dashboards and associated visualizations.
- Ability to author, troubleshoot, and publish reports.
- Ability to help define a problem, then collect data and establish facts to draw valid conclusions.
- Process-oriented thinking must be demonstrated for this role. The ability to see long-term goals through short term efforts is key to this role.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change.
- Ability to work independently, coordinate multiple tasks and manage time effectively.
- Ability to interact with all levels of business via phone, written communication and in person.
- Strong, pro-active, customer and solution oriented mindset.
- Ability to perform all essential duties.
Ice Miller is committed to recruiting, developing and retaining talented attorneys and professional staff from all backgrounds. In order to succeed, we take great pride in a culture of inclusion where everyone at Ice Miller feels respected, is treated fairly and has the opportunity to perform at the highest potential. Learn more about Ice Miller’s Diversity & Inclusion efforts here.
Ice Miller LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.