- Public Speaking
- Management Experience
- Driver's License
- Microsoft Office
- Sales Experience
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
Do you have high standards? Does hearing "party of 100" make you weak in the knees? Then we should talk!
With locations from New York City to Honolulu, Buca di Beppo restaurants embody the Italian traditions of food, friendship and hospitality. Dishes enjoyed for generations in villages throughout Italy inspire the menu, which features both Northern and Southern Italian favorites. While the food has pleased millions of palates from coast-to-coast, Buca di Beppo is equally famous for its quirky décor and upbeat atmosphere.
What's in it for you?
I'm glad you asked. There is nothing better than enjoying life to the fullest, and every now and again, we need a little indulgence for working so hard in this fast-paced world.
What We Offer:
Highly competitive salary & sales commission plan
Medical, dental, vision and life insurance within 31 days of hire
401k after 1 year of service with generous company match
Paid time off and paid corporate holidays
Highly desired Monday thru Friday work schedule that allows for excellent personal "quality of life"
Dining discounts at all Earl Enterprises brand restaurants
Cell phone allowance provided
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Book parties and events for the restaurant. Enter prospective, tentative, and definite programs in Triple Seat, the group event software.
- Obtain all relevant information from event or travel planner and send appropriate menu and pricing information. Assist the event/travel planner with menu selection.
- Generate a Banquet Event Order, contracting the event specifications. Follow-up with the Event Planner to secure an executed/signed contract and deposit. Re-confirm final counts and details forty-eight hours prior to the event.
- Communicate all event details to all departments of the restaurant via the weekly and daily BEO's, Reports, and Managers Meeting.
- Prior to the event, meet with the Manager on Duty handling the event and/or Paisano Partner to ensure a successful function and to ensure all requirements of a particular group are met. At completion of function, follow up with client for possible future business.
- Follow up and service corporate bookings and leads sent by the National Sales Office and submit confirmation in return in a timely manner. Sell to service and ad hoc groups calling in as inquiry calls.
- Occasional delivery duties as needed.
- Minimum three years in the Hospitality/Restaurant industry with management experience in catering and sales.
- Computer skills (word processing and spreadsheets) including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, catering software.
- Excellent written communication, verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to spend at least 50% of job generating outside sales.
- Proof of valid Driver's License and favorable driving record.
- Ability to travel, as needed.
- Ability to work extended hours occasionally, including nights and weekends.
- Ability to conduct site inspections.
- Public speaking experience a plus.
If you are looking for an exciting career with advancement opportunities, and enjoy providing superb guest service...think Buca!
Job Type: Full-time
- hospitality/sales: 3 years (Required)
- Palo Alto, CA (Preferred)