Antidote and Hired Hand Brewing Co. is looking for a Lead Line/Sous Chef.
We are a "locals" kind of restaurant, with lots of regulars who love coming in for our ever changing specials but also will order the same staple menu item for weeks on end...because it's just that good. We also get a lot of returning seasonal customers coming to spend the summer on Lake Champlain or on their way to ski in the mountains.
Since we opened 11 years ago we have built wonderful relationships with many local farmers, producers and foragers...so using local and seasonal ingredients is extremely important to us. We also have some amazing musician friends and host live music 1-2 nights a week.
We are looking for someone who will work with our chef to use the best local products available year-round and assist in continuing to foster and create relationships with local farmers and producers. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have an understanding of the importance of food costs, have ideas for menu changes and be able to assist the chef create fun, innovative specials that will bring people in multiple days a week.
We are open Tuesday-Saturday nights for outdoor dining only through the end of May and then inside will open as well.
Hired Hand Brewing Co. makes 100% VT LOCAL beer right on site so an interest in beer is a Perk to you- but not necessary.
Competitive pay based on experience with the opportunity for bonuses based on performance.
Email your resume and references.
Related keywords: chef, executive chef, restaurant, cook
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 - $45,000.00 per year
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- Cooking: 4 years (Preferred)
- Prepare all food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner
- Follow recipes and presentation specifications
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safety and efficiently
- Clean and maintain station in practicing good safety and sanitation
- Assist with the cleaning and organization of kitchen and equipment
- Restock items as needed throughout the shift
- Adhere to all sanitation and food production codes
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place