Garner's mission is to transform the healthcare economy, delivering high quality and affordable care for all. By helping employers restructure their healthcare benefit to provide clear incentives and data-driven insights, we direct employees to higher quality and lower cost healthcare providers. The result is that patients get better health outcomes while doctors are rewarded for practicing well, not performing more procedures. We are backed by top-tier venture capital firms, are growing rapidly and looking to expand our team.
You will be responsible for developing and maintaining Garner's proprietary claims-based performance measures covering care appropriateness, patient outcomes, and cost. This will consist of reading academic journals, analyzing claims data, and collaborating with clinical advisors to understand high-quality, affordable care across a variety of specialties. Eventually, you will serve as a subject-matter expert on what it means to be a Top Provider across specialties such as Cardiology, Orthopedics, Behavioral Health, Primary Care, etc.
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Conduct literature reviews to understand evidence-based guidelines across various conditions and procedures
- Develop and validate measures using technical tools and claims data
- Maintain a library of documentation for internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with clinical advisors
- Collaborate closely with product and engineering teams to support new product development as a subject matter expert
The Ideal Candidate Has:
- Strong interest in healthcare and clinical best practices. Experience with healthcare claims data, translational research, quality measurement, or medical coding is a plus
- An aptitude to learn new technologies and tools quickly. Experience with SQL is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work independently
- A desire to work in a rapidly evolving startup environment
- A desire to be a part of our mission to improve the healthcare economy
The salary range for this position is: $100,000 - $130,000. Compensation for this role will depend on a variety of factors including qualifications, skills and applicable laws. In addition to base compensation this role is eligible to participate in our equity incentive and competitive benefits plans.
If you are hired, we may require proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Reasonable accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement, in accordance with applicable law.