BCRI continues to expand our Mobile Crisis Team and is looking for Mental Health Counselors:
Fulltime Shifts: 8 hour day shift (to be determined) and 11pm to 7am with a Shift Differential Incentive
Per Diem Shifts include: Friday and Saturday Nights 11pm to 7am with a Shift Differential Incentive
The primary goal of this position is to provide mobile mental health services including evaluation, crisis intervention, referral, and/or treatment to Hotline referrals and clients of BCR. Mobile crisis runs in Baltimore City are made as a team which includes a Mental Health Counselor and Registered Nurse. Performance is reviewed through employee supervision, evaluations, and client records. In order to achieve this goal, the following duties are required:
- Facilitates accurate and timely team community response to Hotline referrals
- Coordinates runs with nursing staff in order to initiate runs in a timely manner
- Performs psychiatric evaluation with the referred client
- Develops initial treatment plans for clients within one day of admission, in the patient’s own words where required
- Completes authorization process for Beacon Health Options
- Provides assistance and support to clients in crisis situations, including engagement and de-escalation of clients
- Performs timely and accurate documentation of all clinical and client-related information
- Maintains open, effective and appropriate communication with clients, BCRI staff, management, outside agencies and the public
- Meets with clients individually, and reviews progress made towards goals identified in their treatment plan
- Coordinates with the MCT Director, Residential Staff and the Director of Residential Services to develop and maintain a trauma-informed and patient-centered treatment environment
- Other duties as required
Master’s degree in psychology, social work or a related field, from an accredited college or university. Candidates must have applicable Maryland State License (LMSW, LGPC, LCSW-C or LCPC). Applicant must have a valid MD Driver’s License.
Minimum of two years of post-graduate experience working with individuals in the public
behavioral health system is preferable .
Moderate walking, standing, climbing stairs, and sitting required. Light lifting may be
required. Transportation of clients and their belongings in agency vehicles. Minimal
support and assistance with client care needs.
Works as part of the Mobile Crisis Team, which provides services in the community. Visits clients in various community settings (homes, hospitals, businesses, and streets). When in the office, works generally in well-lighted and ventilated office environment.
Potential exposure to highly charged, stressful and emotional situations; potential
exposure to aggressive encounters.
Benefits: Full time employees are offered Medical, Dental, Vision and participation in a 403(b) Retirement Plan. BCRI has a generous Vacation, Sick, Personal and Holiday Leave package and provides Life Insurance, ADD and LTD at no cost to the employee. Per Diem employees receive sick and safe leave based on hours worked.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $25.00 - $32.00 per hour
- behavior health: 2 years (Preferred)
- LMSW, LGPG,LCSWC or LCPC (Required)
- Maryland driver's (Required)
- Please indicate if you are interested in full time or part time and the hours you are available to work.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Night shift
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible