Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Joint Engineering Teams - Sustainment (JETS) will provide USCIS with Agile development and maintenance capability to sustain their IT systems. JETS will supply Agile development teams to participate in IT maintenance efforts, to include activities necessary for sustaining previously developed systems and applications using Lean processes. The Contractor will be part of an ecosystem participating with federal employees and other contractors in a team-based scaled Agile approach to deliver mission value frequently, cost-effectively, responsively, and with high quality.
The Test Engineer is responsible for providing testing solutions for agile teams working on software technology modifications and enhancements for the JETS program. The tester will be responsible for verifying changes made to the system through the execution of manual and automated test scripts to meet established acceptance criteria. The tester will work with other agile teams to understand the updates and be able to articulate and troubleshoot test failures. The tester is part of an agile team to research, test, build, and coordinate the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements. The tester will also be responsible for contributing to an agile process through story development, backlog grooming, and responses to ad-hoc customer priorities.
- Develop manual test scripts and execute automated testing on both web front end and back end systems.
- Perform test validations at various levels including database validation, logging validation, and user interface validation.
- Document and report the results of testing activities.
- Ensure compliance with Section 508.
- Act as a testing leader on an agile team to design, develop, enhance, debug, and implement software.
- Troubleshoot production problems related to software applications.
- Research, test, build, and coordinate the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements.
- Analyze user needs, develop user stories and write test cases and test scenarios based on the acceptance criteria defined for the user story.
- Address problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
- Perform feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
- Lead in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Work with developers to resolve problems with software and provide analysis to enhance the applications and architecture.
- Provide interactive debugging of the web based user interface or client server in real time mode.
- Coordinate with other team leads on the results of testing activities to provide consistency across the portfolio.
- Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be sure they will produce the desired information and that the instructions are correct.
- Provide analysis and direction to migrate application towards CI/CD and automated testing best practices.
- Perform as part of an agile team, utilizing Kanban and Scrum best practices.
- 5+ years of relevant experience, with a Bachelor's in Computer Science, Engineering or other Technical degree preferred
- Experience as a solutions tester with increasing testing responsibilities.
- Hands-on experience with any of the following technologies: QTP, UFT, Selenium, SQL
- Prior working experience with Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System Acceptance Testing, and User Acceptance Testing phases.
- Demonstrated ability to explain technical issues clearly/accurately to technical/non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team with adjusting priorities and deadlines
- Experience in the following technologies and tools: Microsoft .NET, C#
- Pervasive, Oracle experience
- Experience with CI/CD and automated testing principles
- Relevant certifications, such as 508 compliance
- Experience with the following technologies:
- .NET core
- Angular JS
- HTML 5
- GitHub, JIRA experience
- Experience working in an Agile team