As the public face of the company the Sales Associate is responsible for dealing with any and all customer questions about the products and services the company offers. A Sales Associate is expected to be continuously updating their knowledge of the company products, services, and policies.
Complaint handling is a critical part of this position. Turning a frustrated customer into a happy customer, while adhering to company policies, requires a combination of empathy and tact.
Another key responsibility is maintaining the presentation of the sales floor, products, signage, and displays.
Sales Associate Responsibilities:
- Greeting customers, responding to questions, improving engagement with merchandise and providing outstanding customer service.
- Operating cash registers, managing financial transactions, and balancing drawers.
- Achieving established goals.
- Directing customers to merchandise within the store.
- Increasing in store sales.
- Superior product knowledge.
- Maintaining an orderly appearance throughout the sales floor.
- Introducing promotions and opportunities to customers.
- Cross-selling products to increase purchase amounts.Sales Associate Requirements:
- An Associate’s degree or high school diploma.
- Retail sales experience.
- A professional appearance.
- Maintain a positive attitude and focus on customer satisfaction in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to read, write, and perform basic math.
- The ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Internship, Contract, Commission
- retail sales: 2 years (Required)
- Sales: 3 years (Required)
- Customer Service: 3 years (Preferred)
- New York, NY 10014 (Required)
Full Time Opportunity:
- Store Discounts
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment