#LifeIsSweet at SugarCRM
At SugarCRM, we give our Interns opportunities to shine. We value your ideas, experience, and contributions to our teams, and our product line. You bring your enthusiasm, curiosity, and willingness to learn, and we'll bring the tools and environment you need to do the best work of your life.
Engineering Team Culture:
Our focus is building out teams with smart engineers who are passionate about their craft and excited to build software for our unique solutions in the CRM (customer relationship management) space. At SugarCRM, you'll have the chance to work on various teams and stacks. Here's more:
Communication and collaboration is key to our processes, and we don't want to hinder it with walls. You will always have other team members available to help you.
We are passionate about automated testing to deliver a high level of quality to our customers
We use a Scrum-based development methodology that includes daily stand-ups, regular Sprint reviews, and retrospectives to discuss
We value unique perspectives brought by diverse backgrounds and experiences. A broad range of ideas and perspectives help us to create the best possible product.
As a part of our company culture, we encourage everyone to work at a healthy, sustainable pace and that includes interns. We have special events for our Engineering team, including interns, to have a chance to socialize with each other and explore the San Francisco Bay Area or Raleigh, North Carolina.
About the Internship:
The internship is 10 weeks during the summer of 2020.
We are not able to sponsor immigration at this time.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, performance-driven self-starter and team player. You must have good organization and communication skills, and work well in cross-functional teams. In this role, you will work with front-end technologies such as Backbone and jQuery to build a robust front-end platform that runs in a high volume, high availability environment.
- Produce high-quality software on schedule
- Participate in design and code reviews regularly
- Work with a cross-functional team using agile development processes
- Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, design patterns, databases, operating systems, debugging, etc.
- Understand that writing good front-end code means following proven design patterns with clean, readable code and proper component design
- Familiarity with at least one server-side language such as PHP (preferred) or Java
- Prior experience with Git, or other version control systems
- Must be able to adapt to a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities, flexibility, and commitment to meeting deadlines are a must
Cupertino, California, Raleigh, North Carolina, or Atlanta, Georgia
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Benefits and Perks:
Beyond a stellar work environment, friendly people, and inspiring work, we have some great benefits and perks:
Frequent catered lunches, fully stocked kitchens, and nearby access to Cupertino’s newest restaurants and stores at Main Street Cupertino
Quarterly chair massages and Workforce Fitness Program
Onsite Programs such as Dry Cleaning, Car Washes, Massage, Yoga, and more
Career & Personal Development Program – multi-platform
Regular social events and birthday celebrations (yes, sweet treats are a big deal at SugarCRM)
Ownership is the greatest self-identity at SugarCRM - you are making an impact now
Learn more on LinkedIn and Twitter @LifeAtSugar