POSITION Assistant Manager
WHO WE ARE
More than just cookware, Le Creuset has been a colorful companion to meals and memories around the world since 1925. Respect for tradition and authenticity have been Le Creuset’s guiding principal for nearly 100 years – our passion for superior artisanal quality, exceptional design, and European craftsmanship have remained constant.
WHO YOU ARE
As our Assistant Manager, you support the Store Manager and management team in achievement of sales and service goals. You contribute to the store’s success through role modeling brand standards, your ability to motivate and influence others, and through your constant drive for and achievement of results. Our Assistant Managers are nimble, can multi-task and are willing to learn new skills that will help you lead the team in a dynamic environment. You embody hospitality, charm and professionalism.
Deliver results to meet or exceed store goals and company objectives: 40%
- Achieve personal sales and KPI goals.
- Partner with the Store Manager to implement strategies and tactics to drive positive business results.
- Support the Store Manager by actively coaching in the moment, role playing and motivating associates to improve performance behaviors.
- Support the Store Manager by identifying and leveraging partnerships that benefit both the community and store.
Foster a collaborative team environment that celebrates achievements while promoting accountability and individual/team contribution: 35%
Executes and maintain store standards to meet business needs:
- Create a positive work environment where all employees are motivated to do their best.
- Assist the Store Manager in recognizing and rewarding individual and team accomplishments using existing tools and programs while finding innovative methods of recognition.
- Promote and inspire a strong sales and service culture in a selling environment.
- Work with the Store Manager to attract, develop and retain the finest people to build a talent pipeline to achieve current and future business goals.
- Maintain visual standards, store merchandising practices, and operational activities (including banking and payroll).
- Support the Store Manager in the processing and accuracy of inventory through accurate receiving of shipments, processing of damages, annual inventory, etc.
- Execute plans/directions/schedules and act with a sense of urgency to meet the changing priorities, store needs and demands of the business.
- Monitor and respond to district and corporate communications throughout the day.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience retail or hospitality.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and POS/laptop/handheld systems
- Flexibility in scheduling to the needs of the business, including weeknights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to be mobile and walking on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 25 lbs.
- Authentic passion around cooking, baking and entertaining.
- Desire to develop and grow into future leadership opportunities.
- Open to relocation opportunities in the future.
WHY JOIN US
Our mission is simple - to inspire and empower people everywhere to make joy through cooking. Our recipe is equal parts passion, hard work and fun with a culture as vibrant as our products. We constantly stretch ourselves and encourage our associates to do the same. When you join Le Creuset, you become part of a dynamic team that focuses on innovation and collaboration. You are part of something bigger…from your first day to every moment thereafter, you’re going to love what you do!
- Incredible benefits package
- Tremendous growth opportunities: Growth = Joy and we are all about encouraging both.
- Work/life balance: No need to show off your juggling skills, we offer the flexibility and the resources to balance both
- Generous employee discount: How much space do you have in your kitchen? Seriously.
FLSA STATUS Non-exempt
Le Creuset of America is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, sex (*including gender identity, expression, orientation, or pregnancy), religion, marital status, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status, and any other classification protected by law.
Supervisor experience, Hospitality or Retail
Inspires teammates to follow them
Works well as a member of a group
Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks