This role provides remote technical assistance on F5
products and specifically on BIG-IP Application Security
Manager (ASM) and/or Access Policy Manager (APM) to
Milestone customers. This entails application security
and secure remote access to corporate networks and
resources, Web Applications proxying, Mobile Device
Management (MDM), VDI and AAA protocols.
Network Support Engineers exhibit strong competence
utilizing a number of troubleshooting tools and
equipment using fundamental troubleshooting skills
obtained through performance of the role to define and
isolate technical issues, manage multiple service
requests, provide timely communication via phone and
email to our customers and accept ownership of issues
until resolution is delivered. The NSE typically spends
between 5 and 6 hours per day supporting customers over
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides Level 1 & Level 2 technical escalation
support to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and
software issues on F5 devices.
- Actively collaborates with peers troubleshooting
- Effectively manages case escalations to Tier 3 while
maintaining customer communication.
- Proactively and effectively communicates status, plan
of action and resolution of issue.
- Participates in on-going training with F5 products and
- Work with customers, internal staff, and L3 vendor
partners to provide excellent customer service and meet
- Utilizes various troubleshooting tools, facilities and
equipment at Milestone Systems to replicate/solve
VMWare, httpwatch, Wireshark, etc.
- Sets customer expectations as necessary, and accepts
ownership of customer issues until a solution is
achieved providing complete customer satisfaction.
- Work with customers at varying levels of experience or
technical capability under varying time constraints.
Able to communicate highly technical information to
technical and non-technical audience.
- Utilizes an Issue Ticket tracking software to capture
- Provide exceptional customer service to all callers.
- Normal work hours with evenings and weekends on a
- Performs additional projects and other related duties
as required or assigned.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- High School diploma, or equivalent experience/combined
education, with additional specialized technical
training equivalent to a technical Associate degree
and/or demonstrated ability to perform assigned
technical/para-engineering tasks and 4 years of
- 3-5 years’ experience working with LAN and WAN
topologies, TCP/IP protocol, SSL/TLS, OSI Model,
firewalls, routers and switches required.
working with relevant technologies:
- 3-5 years’ work experience in a technical support role
DNS/BIND, application security, IPV6, proxy, NTLM and/or
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities - general
- Deep knowledge of web protocols and languages: HTTP/S,
- Experience developing and debugging web applications.
- Hands-on experience using debugging tools such as:
HttpWatch, Live HTTP Headers, Fiddler, Firebug.
- Experience with any of the following scripting
PERL, TCL, Bash, PHP.
- Current F5 201 and either 303 (ASM) or 304 (AOM)
certification or the ability to pass tests and be
certified within a specific time frame.
- Knowledge of advanced troubleshooting methodologies.
- Highly professional, customer oriented team player
that is able to work and communication with both
technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to work flexible hours and on call on a
rotating basis covering 24/7 environments.
- Solid system-level understanding of Linux/Unix
- Microsoft XP, Microsoft Server, and Red Hat Linux
- Industry certifications would be a plus (i.e. A+,
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong customer focus and orientation.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities – ASM
- WAF experience: F5 ASM, Imperva, SecureSphere,
Fortinet FortiWeb, Citrix AppFirewall, etc.
- Knowledge of application vulnerabilities: OWASP Top 10
- Experience with web application vulnerability
WhiteHat, Cenzic, Qualys, etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities – APM
- Experience with SSO, Forms-based and HTTP Basic
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Enterprise suite
(Exchange, Sharepoint, etc.) and Windows Server
administration and troubleshooting utilities.
- In-depth understanding of SSL VPN solutions.
- Basic theoretical and working knowledge in AAA
protocols (i.e. AD, LDAP, Radius, Kerberos, NTLM).
- Superior oral, written and interpersonal communication
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Computer proficiency (MS Office Suite, CRM (i.e.
SalesForce, NetSuite, Oracle, etc.)).
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds as position may
require racking and stacking of server and network
- Ability to work in a 24/7 working environment
including participation in on-call activities.
- Must pass criminal background and drug testing