Steel Point Solutions is an amazing SBA Certified (8a), HUBZone, Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) and a Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) company. Established in 2013 with a vision of offering world class, integrated business solutions for all levels of Government and commercial enterprises. We are represented by a team of talented and qualified professionals who know how essential efficient, cost-effective integrated solutions are to your organization’s success. Leveraging these resources, we strive daily to lead the industry in program management and service delivery.
Steel Point Solutions is looking for a Data Scientist who will support our product, sales, leadership and marketing teams with insights gained from analyzing company data. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
Responsibilities for Data Scientist
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing
techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
Qualifications for Data Scientist
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with minimum of 5 years of experience in data science tools, including Python, R, Scala,
Julia, or SAS
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper
usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- 3-5 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models,
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text
mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SQL, etc.
- Experience using web services: Redshift, S3, Spark, DigitalOcean, etc.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis,
modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Site Catalyst, Coremetrics, AdWords, Crimson Hexagon,
Facebook Insights, etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Periscope, Business Objects, D3, ggplot, etc
Steel Point Solutions, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.