Front Desk Agent
Hotel / Lodging Front Desk Operations, Other
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Columbia, SC
Front Desk Agent
1. JOB TITLE: Front Desk Agent
2. DEPARTMENT: Front Desk
3. SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY: Front Desk Agents are responsible for the first and second shifts at the hotel front desk, processing daily reservations, checking guests of the hotel in and out of the operating systems, maintaining the cleanliness and appearance of hotel common spaces between cleaning crews, maintaining Brand Standard levels for the hotel, and observing all Hotel Policies when dealing with guests.
4. EMPLOYEE MANUAL: All employees must have a complete understanding of the requirements of their job. Prior to being assigned to the position, an understanding of the policies and procedures contained within the Employee Manual is mandatory. It is necessary since the person holding the position will be subjected to the rules and regulations listed in the manual.
5. ESSENTIAL TASKS:
a. Checking Guests In and Out during the 1st & 2nd Shifts of Front Desk.
b. Processing Guest Information within the Operating Systems.
c. Facilitating phone services and reservations through the desk.
d. Security of Digital Guest Information & Payment Methods.
e. Security of Guests within a 24 hr Industry.
f. Monitoring of the Hotel Parking Lot during 1st & 2nd Shifts.
g. Being Accountable for Front Desk Cash Drawer during 1st & 2nd Shift, as well as Deposits or any other Payment Methods covered by the Front Desk.
h. Being aware of any suspicious activities or persons around the hotel and reporting the activity immediately to your direct supervisor or the GM.
i. Maintaining all Training Requirements and Updates for Brand Standards, Hotel Policies, or Departmental changes. This includes attending all scheduled Training Sessions and Front Desk Meetings.
j. Follow all departmental rules and procedures in doing your job.
k. Maintain assigned equipment. Empty trash cans, clean desk area, etc. Report any problems with your equipment to your supervisor or maintenance immediately.
l. Be aware of and follow all safety rules and use caution in doing the job.
m. Other duties will be assigned as they come up.
Supportive Functions: In addition to the performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of the time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the needs of the hotel
Provide additional guest service when needed
Work alongside the Breakfast Department to maintain Breakfast Area during busy shifts
Assist coworkers, as requested
6. REPORTS TO: Front Office Manager & General Manager
7. SAFETY STATEMENT: As an employee of Holiday Inn Express & Suites- Columbia, SC, it is your responsibility to be aware of and report any and all safety hazards or violations you may see or witness in the course of performing your required duties.
8. Specific Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to arrive at work on time, in uniform, when scheduled
Physically able to move large objects such as carts, large bags of linen, boxes of paper, or larger guest items/luggage
Ability to read and recognize room/suite numbers
Ability to communicate effectively with guests and team members verbally and in written form
Ability to use Standard Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Ability to use a Phone System and Learn a Phone Sales Strategy
Ability to Learn OPERA Operating System for Hotel use as the Front Desk.
Ability to consistently process daily guest material and payment methods within an operating system each shift.
Ability to learn, follow and enforce Brand/Membership Standards in all aspects of job performance
NOTICE: THE HOSPITALITY BUSINESS FUNCTIONS SEVEN DAYS A WEEK, TWENTY FOUR HOURS A DAY. IN ADDITION, THIS IS A HOSPITALITY BUSINESS WHERE WE EXPECT OUR TEAM MEMBERS TO ALWAYS MAINTAIN A FRIENDLY WORK ENVIRONMENT!