As the Learning and Development Leader, you thrive on supporting internal clients in helping realize and discover their breakthrough value. You are uniquely attuned to internal needs and visions and work openly and supportively with all levels in the organization.
This role is responsible for designing and delivering learning solutions for global MHS employees by providing learning opportunities, services and programs to build employee capabilities, develop future leaders and retain key talent to drive business objectives. This includes the design and delivery of effective training solutions, career management support, and development plans.
This is a unique opportunity to build a function from the ground up.
- Understand the MHS business and the diversity of learning needs
- Conduct a thorough learning needs analysis prior to designing the L&D strategy
- Understand the capability of SMEs in the business to assist in the development and delivery of technical and managerial content and training
- Work closely with HR and Business leaders on designing the multi-year L&D strategy
- Forecast and establish an annual training calendar aligning with upcoming rollouts, promotions and strategic initiatives
- Design appropriate high-impact training programs and develop measurable certification paths for relevant positions
- Create interactive e-learnings on relevant topics
- Work in close partnership with all HR Business Partners to understand and assess employee’s training needs and develop training solutions
- Provide advice and coach employees at all levels on training opportunities
- Develop a blended model of training content and delivery that combines “home grown” and outsourced training content and utilizes internal and external trainers
- Deliver multi-modal training delivery mechanisms utilizing technology where possible
- Provide customized training solutions to departments on demand
- Designs instructional tools and job aids to be utilized by departments for training and development.
- Directs, creates, and delivers training plans during the onboarding process
- Responsible for management of the MHS Learning Management System
- Consults with MHS International on learning needs and delivery, best-practice sharing and curriculum development
- Supervises the Talent Coordinator
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Instructional Design, Education, or related Relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of education
- Experience developing courses using E-learning software (Articulate, Captivate)
- 10 years of experience in developing and facilitating training
- 2 years of leadership and management experience preferred
- Global experience preferred
- Ability to serve as a change champion for the organization.
- Ability to influence and mentor others
- Demonstrated experience in curriculum development and learning facilitation
- Adult learning and instructional design experience preferred
- Excellent communication and project management skills, along with the ability to be self-directed
- Ability to travel (10-20%) including global locations
This job description describes the general nature and level of work expected of a person assigned to this position. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor.
It is the policy of Material Handling Systems, Inc (MHS) and its affiliated companies to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship status (if authorized to work in the U.S.), or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, MHS will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.