Responsible for processing customer orders and placing and authorizing supplier purchase orders within assigned limits. Expedites orders, track deliveries, resolves shipping errors and maintains accurate records following established company guidelines. Interacts with supply chain disciplines, including vendor order placement, customer cost savings initiatives, problem resolution and delivery performance for unlimited range of products and services. May work under general direction of senior buyer and CSR .
- Evaluates supplier quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers and prepares order to ensure required data elements are provided and correct.
- Performs minimal level of supplier sourcing.
- Negotiates materials, equipment, and supplies from suppliers.
- Enters supplier purchase orders.
- Determines if material is to be direct shipped or processed via distribution center.
- Ensures electronic data interchange, Email, and faxed orders reach supplier.
- Resolves supplier accounts payable invoice questions and issues.
- Secures and reviews supplier authorization, return material authorizations, and coordinates return of materials and goods.
- Assists buyer and CSR supervisor with evaluating supplier performance related to on-time delivery, fill rates and errors, transfer cost improvements, branch support, and other measures.
- Responsible for customer account, for order processing activities, and problem resolution.
- Processes customer orders following established customer contract guidelines.
- Reviews daily customer unedited and unprocessed order lists.
- Follows up on open requests for quotes, and resolves issues to process order.
- Generates customer open order and backorder listings.
- Updates and expedites status with information secured from supplier.
- Reviews unit of measure problems.
- Maintains accurate purchasing, pricing, and cost data on applicable company systems.
- Complies with standard policies, procedures, internal audit and Sarbanes-Oxley controls, and quality control processes.
- Understands and supports ISO standards and supports company procedures for document control, purchasing, process control, corrective, and preventative action, and control of quality records.
Purchasing MRO and indirect materials – 3 years preferred.
High School Degree or equivalent required; Bachelors’ Degree preferred.
Knowledge of purchasing and inventory concepts, practices, and procedures preferred.
Knowledge of industry including suppliers, customers and competitors preferred.
Knowledge of business performance measures preferred.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Strong negotiation skills preferred.
Strong problem solving skills.
Strong analytical skills.
Strong computer skills.
Ability to exercise judgment.
- General Office – Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
- Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time.
- Employee required to analyze and interpret complex data.
- Employee required to problem-solve.
- Employee required to communicate with the public.
At WESCO, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, paid time off (PTO), 401k, tuition reimbursement, STD/LTD, Legal assistance and more.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER WESCO International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates ("WESCO"), is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of WESCO to not discriminate against any job applicant or employee based on age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status or any other protected status. This policy includes but is not limited to the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff, or termination.”