Cargo Master Service Logistics Inc. is a global freight forwarding company headquartered in Compton, California since 2004. We are specialized in Auto Part logistics industry, currently looking for person who will be joining our Livonia MI BranchasWarehouse Assistant Manager & Forklift Operator.
Use of reach truck or sit down forklift to facilitate put away of received merchandise as well as general warehouse activities such as replenishment of stock and assisting in maintaining bin locations and movement of merchandise within the warehouse, and inventory control activities.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Perform basic labor tasks using hand tools, but also operate power equipment as assigned.
- Operate Forklifts. Responsible for safe operation of equipment.
- Operates several typed of lifts, cranes both powered and non-powered, in a manner that is safe and consistent with policy, guidelines, and regulations.
- Participate in physical inventories, as needed
- Perform labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing, and repacking as needed
- Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate area.
- Check or count freight for accuracy and/or damage
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management as business needs dictate
- Follow attendance policy, show up for work on time and ready to work assigned shift
- Adhere to all safety rules, policies and guidelines
- Must be able to read, write and understand shipping documents
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment, learn quickly and follow established processes
- Ability to lift up to 25-75 lbs.
- Be mindful of their surroundings to promote a safe working environment.
- Min 3 years of forklift operator experience highly preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Forklift certification is mandatory.
- Valid driver licenss
- Proven ability to multi task and meet multiple deadlines.
- All qualified candidates must be 18 years or older
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with a diverse workforce.
- English, Spanish (of advantage)
- Must be able to work the scheduled/assigned times and required overtime for the position
- Must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the US
- Competitive Base Salary
- Paid time off & Vacation will be offered
- Competitive health insurance benefits & 401k plan upon qualification
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time