TITLE: Resident Account Representative – Insurance Coll.
LAST REVISED: August 12, 2016
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance
METHOD OF PAY: Hourly
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The primary purpose of your job position is to monitor all commercial insurance including HMO and PPO functions relating to residents of Magnolia Manor, Inc. and its affiliates as may be directed by the Director of Finance. As the Resident Account Representative, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITY:
- File residents' commercial insurance claims by hard copy or electronically, if available.
- Follow up and collect all commercial insurance, HMO, PPO and Medicare Advantage claims.
- Prepare UB-04 claim forms for commercial insurance, HMO, PPO and Medicare Advantage coverage.
- Prepare all Long Term care insurance invoices by 5th of each month
- Review residents' accounts for credit insurance balances; prepare documentation to reimburse appropriate patties for credit balances.
- Prepare monthly list of accounts that are deemed uncollectible and process as bad debts
- Any other function as requested by the Director of Finance.
- Be willing to assist any employee in the Business Office in times of need.
KEY STRENGTHS AND REQUIREMNTS:
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees, guests and business associates
- Critical thinking and resolution skills.
- Effective teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Gains trust and maintains confidential information
- Respect for appropriate chain of command
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Must possess, as a minimum, a High School Diploma.
- Must have, as a minimum, 2 years’ experience in commercial insurance claims filing and or self-pay collections, general accounting and data processing skills.
Job Type: Full-time