Tilson is seeking a dedicated and self-driven Network Engineer to join the team. Qualified candidates will have a demonstrated background in logical IP Networking and Radio Frequency and wireless transmission system design, with knowledge of SATCOM being a plus. Candidate should also have prior experience in and be able to articulate a logical and systemic approach to troubleshooting with emphasis on basic signal flow.
The Network Engineer will be asked to develop, test, deploy and maintain Broadband, Utility, Smart Grid, Intelligent Transportation, Carrier based, and commercial networks and systems working both independently and as a part of a larger project focused team. The Network Engineer will be challenged in multiple directions daily and should enjoy this kind of dynamic environment.
- Engineer, design, and implement routed networks across multiple transmission mediums.
- Apply layer 2/3 networking skills to meet customer requirements
- Use RF fundamentals to utilize various RF modeling and design tools to produce accurate and reliable RF propagation studies
- Work with customers to understand objectives and requirements, and conceptualize and put into practice new solutions
- Define, analyze and document MOPS, system requirements and specifications, and system architecture
- Develop and maintain a standards based corporate training environment with an emphasis on posturing technical resources to best support emerging customer requirements.
- Develop and integrate components to form new solutions as a team lead or individual contributor
- Maintain customer focus throughout the systems/product development lifecycle to ensure satisfaction of customer objectives within cost and schedule constraints
- Support proposal preparation and program definition as a team lead or individual contributor
- Mentor less experienced and/or less knowledgeable engineers
- Cisco CCNP or equivalent certification.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in logical IP based networking and/or RF/wireless communications
- The demonstrated ability to learn and put into practice new technologies and systems expediently
- Working knowledge in operating and troubleshooting mobile SATCOM systems and cryptographic equipment considered a plus
- Working knowledge of Linux/UNIX operating system and IP/Networking equipment, including configuration, application, and troubleshooting of routers, switches, traffic shapers, and IP networks
- Experience working on cross-discipline engineering teams to develop, integrate and deploy networks.
- Experience in RF communications systems design and analyses (e.g. link margin, system performance and reliability analyses)
- Practical experience with antennas, power amplifiers, low noise amplifiers, receivers, propagation, attenuation and associated effects on RF communications system performance and reliability
- Practical experience in modern wireless and wireline telecommunications protocols and signal processing
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Strong presentation and collaboration skills, especially in working with senior leadership and external customers
- Travel regionally and nationally when necessary
Job Type: Full-time
- routed network design: 5 years (Required)
- Network Engineering: 5 years (Required)