As part of the Accounting & Finance team, the Staff Accountant is primarily responsible for managing the complete Accounts Payable process. This role’s key responsibilities include completing payments and controlling expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
HOW YOU WILL ADD VALUE:
- Record invoices, expense reports, etc. in a timely manner
- Review, reconcile and code charges made on company credit cards
- Perform weekly check runs for invoice payment assuring accuracy following appropriate invoice terms
- Perform vendor maintenance regularly, including updating vendor contact information and terms accurately and timely
- Address inquiries from vendors and other departments regarding invoices, payments, etc.
- Assist with CPA and bank audits throughout the year
- Prepare journal entries and perform month-end reconciliations for accounts payable and other assigned accounts
- Prepare annual 1099-Misc. forms for applicable vendors to ensure tax compliance
- Ensure compliance of Company’s internal controls by implementing and/or maintaining an efficient AP process
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- A minimum of 2-year experience in Accounts Payable
- Thorough understanding of purchase and AP processes
- Understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Strong team player
- Strong communication (written and verbal) with team members, other departments, and external vendors
- Excellent work habits, including a commitment to get work done timely and accurately in a fast-pace environment
- Strong attention to detail and confidentiality,
- Must be organized and efficient
- Experience with NetSuite program or similar accounting software, Excel, and MS Word etc.
- Experience with Concur a plus
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT HERE
Propel Media connects digital marketers with unique audiences through intent-based technology that delivers superior performance with measurable results. Founded in 2006, Propel Media is recognized as a trusted partner among a growing portfolio of clients. Distinguished by our ability to deliver consistent results, Propel Media is committed to providing the highest level of client services to our partners.
We’ve worked hard to make Propel Media different from other companies. Although our business requires hard work and a nonstop hustle, we’re equally passionate about embracing core lifestyle values that make our employees happy, productive and appreciated. Our flexible environment, casual atmosphere, and generous benefits have helped us attract and retain some of the best talent in the industry.
Learn more about us at https://www.propelmedia.com/
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounts Payable: 2 years