Yours Truly Media is looking for wedding photographers based in Portland, ME and surrounding towns.
We capture, preserve, and re-live everyone's best moments by delivering uncompromising quality, constant innovation and providing exceptional service.
As a freelance wedding photographer for YTM, you'll do what you do best: photograph weddings. Our professional full-time administrative staff takes care of the rest: booking weddings, matching you with couples that make your heart sing, crafting timelines, editing and culling all those beautiful images for super-fast delivery!
The ideal candidate will have experience photographing weddings with a natural ability to shoot creatively and take direction. Living these four principles is equally important:
- Team- Able to be a team player. No big egos.
- Authentic - You are who you are. No time for liars...
- Passion - If you're bored with weddings, it shows in your work.
- 110% - Always going above and beyond.
The following experience and skill-set is required of our lead photographers:
- Passionate about photographing and creating love stories.
- Minimum 30 weddings and 10 engagements documented
- Mastery of composition, lighting, and posing for both candid and traditional portraiture
- Mastery of OCF - off-camera flash, lighting, ambient light.
- Own Your Gear: two full-frame DSLRs, complete lens kit, lighting, and other equipment (See below for required equipment).
- Reliable + Fast Internet Access for uploading procedures
- Adobe Lightroom - current version and smart previews are required!
- Able to meet deadlines, follow directions, and willingness to learn.
- Flexibility - wedding season is Friday-Sundays between March and November.
- Reliable Transportation - we pay mileage reimbursement!
- Must be currently living in or near Portland, ME. We are specifically looking for coverage in these surrounding areas and will give preference to photographers who can show weddings from the region.
For Lead Shooters, pay ranges from $50-$65/hr depending on experience and education. For Second Shooters, pay starts ranges from $25-$35/hr depending upon experience and education.
- Full-frame primary camera (ex. Canon 5D MkIII or IV, or Nikon/Sony equivalent.)
- Full-frame Back-up/2nd camera
- Speedlights (off-camera capability required for 1st shooter)
- 70-200mm f2.8 or equivalent
- 16-35mm f2.8 (recommended)
- Submit your resume with a link to your wedding galleries, including local weddings:
Minimum one full wedding with at least 300 images. The wedding submitted must showcase an ability to create a story under various lighting conditions. We prefer un-edited samples from multiple weddings/engagements that present mastery of basic photographic principles such as lighting, composition, framing and perspective.
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $50.00 - $70.00 per hour
- Professional Development Assistance
- Photography: 2 years (Preferred)
- Wedding Photography: 1 year (Required)
- Lightroom: 1 year (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- Fully Remote
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment