Real Estate Paralegal
The Paralegal will report directly to the General Counsel. The Paralegal will be responsible for supporting the General Counsel in a variety of matters relating to the Company's real estate acquisitions, growth, record-keeping, and general corporate and litigation matters.
- Utilize strong organizational, problem solving, researching, writing, editing and proofreading skills;
- Work independently in fast-paced work environment while maintaining constant focus on producing an excellent and accurate work product while meeting deadlines;
- Prepare and review drafts of documents, including commercial real estate conveyance documents (e.g., purchases, leases, easements), construction contracts, and other commercial agreements;
- Review and modify draft contracts received from others to match the Company’s preferred versions;
- Organize transaction documents and due diligence materials in commercial real estate transactions;
- Analyze documents and calendar critical deadlines;
- Assist with due diligence and title and survey/plat review;
- Assist with preparing corporate documents, including articles of organization, annual minutes, and resolutions;
- Prepare drafts of legal and other documents and correspondence for General Counsel’s review;
- Compiles, analyzes and summarizes information;
- Coordinates efforts between the Legal Department and other departments, outside legal counsel, opposing legal counsel, other parties and outside vendors; and
- Provide support to General Counsel in various other projects that will impact the Company.
Compliance to Company Standards, System, Procedures, and Policies:
Earns the trust of others through open, honest communication and follow through;
Self-starter and independently driven to find success;
Plans work and schedules activities so deadlines and objectives are met;
Respectfully interact with co-workers, customers and providers;
Accountable to act with integrity, adhere to company expectations of performance and behavior, abide by work rules and demonstrate high standards of moral and ethical conduct at all times;
Maintains confidentiality of all company information, is forthcoming in reporting all policy and procedural violations and any wrongdoing to the Chief Human Resources Officer;
Leads by example in meeting company expectations of performance and behavior as established in the Employee Handbook;
Must be reliable and punctual in reporting to work as scheduled;
May not sign contracts on behalf of the company; and
Position requires scheduling availability during normal business hours with flexibility as business necessitates.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
A Bachelor’s degree required or combination of experience and education; and
5 years of commercial real estate experience, preferably in a law firm setting, an in-house legal department or a title company.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Advanced skills in the use of Windows based office software; Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
Must possess strong analytical skills and meticulous attention to detail;
Highly organized and able to track a project from initial contact through the end of the project; and
Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Management maintains the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.