Come Grow with Greif
If you ask our colleagues why they enjoy working for Greif (NYSE: GEF, GEF.B), you will hear an answer: the “servant leader” mentality. That is no surprise. At Greif, our people and customers drive our success. With more than 17,000 colleagues globally, we need a vast range of talent and skillsets to grow and thrive. We strive to enable a world-class, diverse & engaged workforce to deliver on Greif’s strategic priorities. That is where you come in! We invite you to explore available career opportunities with Greif.
Established in 1877, Greif is a global leader in industrial packaging products and services. Greif is pursuing its vision to become the world’s best performing customer service company in industrial packaging.
The primary responsibility of this role is to provide Analytical and Technical support using a Transportation Management System and other databases to internal Logistics customers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to analyze complex data and financial reports, identify critical business improvement opportunities and communicate effectively with management team.
- Track synergy targets and savings from various transportation cost savings initiatives using excel, access and/or other data management tools.
- Put monthly freight reporting together and distribute to internal customers. Must be able to fully understand reports being distributed, identify and resolve data related issues and be able to make correlations between data trends to provide business insight.
- Monitor service level requirements and equipment commitments with motor carriers.
- Preparation of data for the negotiation of carrier services, equipment, costs, contracts, classifications, and international regulatory requirements as requested by the Corporate Transportation Manager.
- Review transportation communication processes and develop system efficiencies.
- Develop and execute business improvement projects to reduce freight cost and improve transportation functions.
- Implement and maintain company policy and standard operating procedures to ensure compliance with the USDOT requirements
- Conducts an ongoing analysis of alternative methods of transportation and determine optimal mode between truckload, LTL and intermodal based on delivery requirements.
- Complete, distribute, and improvements with carrier scorecards, internal site scorecards, monthly operational review decks, and compliance reports.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- BS or BBA Degree in Logistics/Analytics/Supply Chain and/or 2 or more years’ experience in supply chain analysis functions.
- Strong knowledge of statistics, data manipulation & analysis
- Must possess organizational and time management skills as well as demonstrate attention to detail.
- Computer skills including a moderate understanding of ERP, advanced knowledge of TMS applications (e.g., SAP, JDE, BluJay etc.), Microsoft Excel and/or access.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with all levels of employees and management.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not take into consideration the following when making hiring decisions: race, gender, gender identity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, age, disability status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This Job Summary indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties as requested.