Provides environmental engineering support related to air quality permitting and compliance to refinery to ensure compliance with local/state/federal regulations. Administers refinery's Title V reasonable inquiry process.
KEY RESULT AREAS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Supports reporting and recordkeeping as required by company, environmental regulations and Title V permits. Monitors compliance metrics. Produces and submits deviation reports and permit compliance certification reports. Ensures timely, accurate reports submitted to regulatory agencies.
* Tracks Title V permit deviations and works with Legal and Air Quality Management District (AQMD) to define deviations. Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with regulatory agencies during field inspections and environmental incidents.
* Provides technical guidance to refinery personnel. Evaluates/interprets environmental regulations to determine applicability. Identifies air compliance obligations and compliance requirements. Coordinates with Corporate Affairs for updates on legislative and regulatory activities impacting refinery. Develops and implements, with management's approval, cost-effective solutions to mitigate environmental risks.
* Administers refinery's Title V reasonable inquiry process. Communicates complex regulations and compliance issues to refinery management. Serves as technical liaison between Environmental, other refinery departments and external regulatory agencies.
* Provides environmental engineering permitting support to environmental planning team. Prepares permit applications, renewals, and amendments. Performs atmospheric emission inventory calculations, dispersion modeling and other related engineering calculations. Develops and compiles supporting documentation. Participates in projects, Management of Change (MOC) reviews to identify permitting requirements.
* Minimum undergraduate degree in environmental engineering or chemical engineering required. EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum 7 years' environmental engineering experience in petrochemical industry required.
* Minimum 2 years' experience with Title V program and Texas air quality regulations preferred.
* Seeing: Must be able to read reports and use computer.
* Hearing: Must be able to hear well enough to communicate with co-workers.
* Talking: Must be able to express and exchange ideas by means of spoken words.
* Sitting: Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
* Standing/Walking/Mobility: Must be able to stand and walk distances of up to ¼ mile.
* Bending/Reaching/Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling: Must be able to bend, reach, stoop
* Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Major portions of daily work require application of manual skills involving motor coordination and finger dexterity.
* The employee will be required to lift and carry a 25 pound file box from a floor to shoulder height.
* This is a safety sensitive position: will have to pass a physical fitness test, drug screening, and background check. In addition, they will be subject to random drug testing.
* Must comply with OSHA Respiratory Protection guidelines and the company respiratory protection program which includes a medical evaluation and fit test to determine the ability to wear a respirator. Must be able to don appropriate respiratory equipment to protect the employee whenever respirators are required.
* Work is typically performed both inside and outside a regular office in an oil refinery setting.
* Analyzing and troubleshooting will require trips into the refinery setting. Proper PPE and training will be supplied and adherence to all safety and operational procedures will need to be followed.
* Light exposure to electrical shock, bright or dim lighting, wet or humid conditions, and extreme heat (non-weather).
* Light exposure to extreme heat and cold, moving mechanical parts, loud noise, and vibrations.
* Light exposure to outdoor weather conditions including wind, rain, snow and heat.
* During unscheduled outages, work may involve assignment on nights and weekends.
Minimum undergraduate degree in environmental engineering or chemical engineering required.
Minimum 7 years' environmental engineering experience in petrochemical industry required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled