Emma Kaufmann Camp is located along Cheat Lake in Morgantown WV. Owned and operated by the Jewish Community Center of Greater Pittsburgh, EKC is a co-ed residential camp with an emphasis on teambuilding, developing positive values, independence, premiere programming and activities. This child-centered environment includes campers ages 7-16. As a supervisor at EKC, you will enjoy the opportunity for personal growth and develop friendships that will last a lifetime. Visit our website at www.emmakaufmanncamp.com.
- Entering College Senior or older
- Experience significant for position, two or more years in a leadership/supervisory position.
- General skills in team and individual sports with a specialty in one or more of the following areas: soccer, basketball, hockey, volleyball, tennis, gymnastics, baseball, or archery
- Knowledge and experience working with children in a sports and recreational setting
- Creativity, energy and enthusiasm
- Strong programmatic, teaching, and coaching experience
- Ability to accept supervision and guidance & function both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to actively supervise staff assigned to the Athletics specialty area
- Complete your job as per the guidelines set forth in the Program Procedures. Follow all rules, regulations, policies and procedures as stated in the EKC Staff Manual and Operating Procedures.
- Alert your supervisor to any problems in your unit/area and communicate with him/her daily.
- Follow and adhere to all procedures and guidelines in association with the American Camping Association.
- Actively participate in staff training week.
- Lead weekly meetings for staff in unit/specialty area.
- Assist other administrative staff in work-related duties as needed and/or required.
- Accountability for the health, safety and whereabouts of all campers participating in all sports and recreational activities.
- Develop and deliver sports programs that are appropriate for the age and ability of campers ages 7-16.
- To be responsible for managing equipment, activities, scheduling and safety concerns involved with all Athletics facilities.
- Act as role model and teacher and offer guidance and support to all campers and staff.
- To be responsible for the daily set-up, take down and active supervision of use of all Athletics equipment.
- Actively participate in evening programs, all camp programs and special events.
- Incorporate Jewish values into daily activities and programs in your specialty area.
- Attend and actively participate in staff orientation, staff training, team meetings, and all-camp meetings.
- Direct supervision of all staff working in the Athletics specialty area, including at least one weekly meeting with each supervisee. Provide immediate direction & guidance when necessary.
- Ensure safe operation, security and maintenance of all equipment and supplies in the Athletics area.
- Evaluate in writing, the program, staff, and procedures, making suggestions and recommendations for the future.
- Responsible for guiding specialists to mentor and train Counselors-in-Training (CITs) assigned to the Athletics area.
Must be able to obtain ACT 33/34, FBI clearances and mandated reporter training
Send resume and cover letter to:
JCC of Greater Pittsburgh
Attn: Brooks Weaver
5738 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15217
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Part-time
- Supervisor: 2 years (Preferred)