MixOnSite is a nationwide contractor specializing in the production and installation of Low Density Cellular Concrete for a wide variety of construction applications.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support estimating process by performing quantity surveys to obtain and summarize scope and quantities of work.
- Conduct site visits and attend pre-bid meetings to understand the constructability of projects.
- Understand plans and specifications to identify the types and grades of material and equipment needed to ensure compliance with project requirements.
- Communicate and follow-up with suppliers to solicit quotes for each project.
- Research pricing for estimates based on historical and regional costs.
- Work on a preliminary project schedule based on the information provided in the plans/specifications.
- Prepare estimates and work with the team to close the estimate and contract the work.
- Maintain detailed and orderly estimate and project files.
- Conduct hand-off meetings with production personnel to review scope of work, manpower requirements, equipment allocation, work sequence, special requirements and safety.
- Assist in creating, organizing and maintaining vendors and subcontractor lists.
- Review job analysis for costs and profitability.
- Customer relations-maintain current and develop new customers.
- In-person presentations to engineering/contracting firms and present online webinars.
- Willing to travel to various locations as projects warrant.
- 4 year BS Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management or a similar discipline is required.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as an Estimator or office/field engineer.
- MUST have experience in heavy civil projects.
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills; detail orientated.
- Hands-on knowledge of Microsoft Office, Scheduling Software, common contracting procedures and practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
This position is located at our corporate headquarters in Buffalo Grove, IL. We offer excellent compensation and benefits package. The successful candidate must be willing to travel approximately 10% of the time. EEO/M/F
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction Estimating: 4 years (Required)