Are you looking for an opportunity to combine your technical skills with big picture thinking to make an impact in defense IT and Cybersecurity? You understand your customer’s environment and how to develop the right systems for their mission. Your ability to translate real-world needs into technical specifications, makes you an integral part of delivering a customer focused engineering solution.
As a security systems engineer on our team, you have the chance to contribute towards the delivery of Cybersecurity solutions in support of Navy maritime superiority. Your technical expertise will be vital as you evaluate and modernize IT systems and network environments. You’ll develop your skills in Cyber defense and Cloud security while gaining experience in Navy networks and risk management framework (RMF). Grow your skills by merging IT systems and emerging Cyber technologies to create secure, mission-ready IT capabilities. Join our team and help turn requirements into accomplishments that drive change.
Empower change with us.
Build Your Career:
When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with other professionals doing similar work across multiple markets. You’ll share best practices and work through challenges as you gain experience and mentoring to develop your career. In addition, you will have access to a wealth of training resources through our Engineering & Science University, an online learning portal where you can access more than 5000 tech courses, certifications and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site courses, vendor relationships, and a network of experts who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
Nice If You Have:
- 3+ years of experience with engineering in a professional work environment
- Experience with the systems engineering life cycle, systems engineering technical processes, and systems engineering technical and milestone reviews
- Experience with translating operational or user requirements into functional and technical specifications
- Experience with conducting technical assessments and identifying technical risks
- Knowledge of configuration management processes and tools
- Ability to develop engineering white papers to propose technical solutions to address identified deficiencies
- Secret clearance
- AA or AS degree
- Networking Certification, including CCNA or Splunk
- 5+ years of experience in engineering with DoD or Navy programs and systems
- Experience with using configuration management tools to manage hardware and software baselines
- Experience with executing Navy systems engineering technical reviews
- Experience with developing engineering change proposals for DoD systems
- Experience with the integration of Navy shore and afloat network systems
- Experience with developing technology roadmap and strategies
- Experience with developing DoD acquisition and technical documentation
- Experience with implementing value engineering in the program or project life cycle
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills, including effectively communicating through written reports and briefings
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- BA or BS degree in Engineering or a technical field preferred; MA or MS degree a plus
- CISSP or Associate, CASP+ CE, or CSSLP Certification
- ASEP, CSEP, or other systems engineering certifications
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.